I think this is definitely the biggest one they made. I found out that there exists a 100 watt Roland Cube guitar (not bass) amp and I want one. It was discontinued a while ago, and I have been looking at Cube 60s, but this might be even better. Has anyone owned/played/seen this monster or know anything about it?
How would it, in any way, be better?

It would just be louder, and the louder solid state amps get, the more they break up and stuff.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
louder is better, duh.

No seriously though I just want to have the option of gigging and not having it break up at very loud volumes, and the higher the rated wattage, the louder it can get BEFORE starting to do that. Thats the most basic idea behind speakers and watts. I just wanted to see if this amp was of the same quality as the newer 60s that everyone raves about.
To call it a monster implies it is good. When in reality its just a cube. The reason it was discontinued I can guess....is like doodleface said...SS amps sound like crap at high volumes and nobody would ever consider giging with a cube (at least nobody smart). I would imagine the same people who actually would buy a 100 watt cube are the same people who go out and buy spider heads and think they rock...

Dont buy one. I am not trying to sound like a jerk but if high volume is a concern for you...dont go SS. It just wont hold up unless its a high end Randall.
well I have a randall now that doesn't sound like much of anything. an rg-140. It doesn't really have very nice tone and doesn't get loud either. I was thinking a cube is a good idea because I surprisingly enough dont have 2000 to spend on a practice amp and then a ridiculous gig tube head and cab. I know its BETTER to have them, but not everyone can afford them.
Quote by Doodleface
How would it, in any way, be better?

It would just be louder, and the louder solid state amps get, the more they break up and stuff.

actually higher wattage means higer headroom which means that it can get louder before breaking up.

The thing is pretty much everyone sees Cubes as practice amps, which is what they where designed for, and no one needs a 100 watt practice amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Thats why I said "high end" Randall....give us a price range and I'm sure we can come up with a better alternative.
Quote by tasty licks
well I have a randall now that doesn't sound like much of anything. an rg-140. It doesn't really have very nice tone and doesn't get loud either. I was thinking a cube is a good idea because I surprisingly enough dont have 2000 to spend on a practice amp and then a ridiculous gig tube head and cab. I know its BETTER to have them, but not everyone can afford them.

guitars don't vary your amp's output very much, but a 60w might be enough to do small gigs with, your tone wouldn't be that great if you're really pushing it, but get a tube amp if you want loud.
now my man, i'm gonna do you a favor, here are some valve amps right around the price of the cube 60, and the tone will be great, you can gig with all of these.
if you like the cubes' effects, but you need louder, try the: Epiphone Valve Standard
if you're a blues/classic rock kinda guy get the: Fender Pro Junior
For an all around tone: Crate Palomino
you're welcome
I know what he's talking about. I saw the same amp. upon plugging in an electric guitar, it sounded all dark and cool, and the bass guitar didn't rip the speaker. It was a bass amp, but not a CB-100. either it really exists or there are some mislabeled cb-100s.