Distant as in a bit low in the mix? I don't know if "emo" is the right word, but I know what you meant, though I have to argue that anything that shows feeling shouldn't really be considered "emo". Thanks for the feedback!
I'll certainly crit yours, though it may take a little while with my slow computer.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Last edited by Thefallofman at Mar 19, 2007,
Not bad man, I can say your voice is pretty good, but your lyrics are a bit cliche. You also come off tempo (just barely, but its there) in "Tears Down the Walls". Nothing bad really, the chord progressions all sound very similar, but this (hopefully) wasn't meant to be some weird experimental genre-less project. Overall man, I thought it was really good, especially compared to what I usually hear on this site. One more thing I'm just noticing as I listen is on "Darkened Heroes", you use a really heavy reverb on the vocals, I think you should tone that down just a bit.

Good job man, not bad at all. All I could really say to you if you asked how to improve anything, is work on tempo, and put some sort of a climax into your songs, instead of making the entire song a giant long verse.

If you could check mine out, go to http://www.myspace.com/bencooksounds, and just send me a message on there or something and let me know what you think. Thanks man, keep it up.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by mercedesisbenz

Good job man, not bad at all. All I could really say to you if you asked how to improve anything, is work on tempo, and put some sort of a climax into your songs, instead of making the entire song a giant long verse.

Thanks for listening! I did notice the tempo flub, but not until after I'd had it done so at that point I was too lazy and worn out to fix it, haha. I know what you mean with the climax lacking, I actually think the songs I've written lately which aren't up have much more of a climax. With some of them (Darkened Hearts especially), I thought the climax and stuff came more from the lyrics, but you're right in saying the music could use more indication of that. Thanks for the feedback!
Hey, I'm Mike.