What's some good post-hardcore? I listen to a lot of the Fall of Troy and Hot Cross (which, if you don't think of as post-hardcore, don't flame me) and I can't find anything really similar, so help me out a bit. And I don't like the Blood Brothers
Dont listen to those shallow minded infants.

I don't know what you know of already, but try out Chiodos and He is Legend,
I'm also not sure what is really "post-hardcore", but whatever, check them out if you wish
dont Listen to my friends band at: -www.sweetnightmare.com
-www.myspace.com/sweetnightmare1
-www.purevolume.com/sweetnightmare
uhhh The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower? try them I guess.

And to the idiots that posted in this thread, go wack off to your led zeppelin albums. And after that, take some time to listen to something different, and open your eyes. Close-minded idiots.
why does hardcore suck? if it isn't your cup of tea, just leave it at that, you are either of two things, a nickelback fan, or a buddy head fag. so either quit jerking off to ther radio, or stop clenching on to the **** that buddy head feeds you daily. hardcore may not be the most complex music, but when was that the point. It is fun music, that you can physically participate in. and what is wrong with that? sure there is plenty of bands that are ****ing dumb, who wear loads of makeup and shit. but thats not hardcore, the name itself has been shit all over, just like everything else, it got raped over and over. so quit being an asshole. and go jam to creed.
Quote by MLaMotta5992
Hardcore sucks. If you are good then u would use your talent by playing music and not ****in shit.

This is the "Hardcore" forum.
Stay the hell out if all you're going to do is hate.

Anyways, if you like Hot Cross, try some Saetia.
Also, Thursday (?), and The Thirty Years War (old fall of troy, w/ a diff. name) are worth a listen.
Last edited by mr.joopy987 at Mar 19, 2007,
i know you already said you didn't like the blood brothersm1 but sir, do youself a favor and try them again. skip around thir discography a bit, as their sound has changed a bit. but i'm serious. and At The Drive In. they've been described as many things. post hardcore being one, im not so sure about, but definitely electrifying.
i just don't like the blood brothers screaming. i actually never really liked the screaming aspect, but somehow i started enjoying the fall of troy and stuff so idk. the blood brothers still scare me.

thursday used to be good, and then i got a cd a couple years ago and i didnt like it much. never thought of it much as hardcore though. same with at the drive in... never felt like hardcore.

chiodos and he is legend i feel like ive tried before, but im not sure so im gunna download some of them again, to make sure.

i listened to thirty years war when i got into the fall of troy, and i listen to them occasionally. id listen more, but the recordings are really bad quality. as for saetia (which a lot of hardcore fans know about), ive never listened to, but ive heard a lot about them, being a hot cross fan. thanks for the advice so far.
Quote by The Nameless666
Dont listen to those shallow minded infants.

I don't know what you know of already, but try out Chiodos and He is Legend,
I'm also not sure what is really "post-hardcore", but whatever, check them out if you wish

NO NO NO NO.

Try bands like:

Drive Like Jehu
Fugazi
At the Drive-In
Frodus
Quicksand
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by Disco Vietnam
NO NO NO NO.

Try bands like:

Drive Like Jehu
Fugazi
At the Drive-In
Frodus
Quicksand

fugazi and at the drive-in such excellent choices.
^ good shout.

also sticking with the UK try out secondsmile or sparks, lights and flames.

and maybe daitro or pyramids? (not from uk)