which one wins for bands like: srv, allman brothers, rainbow, deep purple, the who, led zepp, king crimson, santana, frank zappa, sabbath
LP for sure, even though strat would work and i personally prefer a strat, like, all those people mainly used gibsons
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
yeah, gibson's mostly. i believe you need both to enjoy both ends of the spectrum though. not necessarily an LP and a strat, but twangy and warm tones both.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
your an idiot. this thread is stupid...

Why not look it up... or better yet, go outside
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
*reported*

Vs threads are against the rules, if you have a valid question, or are in the market for a new axe, then say so
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by thrashster
your an idiot. this thread is stupid...

Why not look it up... or better yet, go outside

You are a very warm and compassionate person.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by hamish5178
*reported*

Vs threads are against the rules, if you have a valid question, or are in the market for a new axe, then say so

i'm trying to figure out which guitar to buy and i want to know different people's opinions cuz i can't decide...i love the sound of LPs but love the neck and feel of strats
Quote by gsoldi123
i'm trying to figure out which guitar to buy and i want to know different people's opinions cuz i can't decide...i love the sound of LPs but love the neck and feel of strats

Then say so.

Also, tell us what your budget is and what type of amp you have.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

^ i thought if would of been obvious...why would i tell you the bands i like and then ask you which guitar is better to play that kind of music?...there is no budget, and i'm also getting an amp but not sure what kind, i'm between a marshall JCM 2000, or a mesa/boogie ( express, lonestar, stiletto, mark IV) don't know which one yet, so if someone what's to help in in that too...thanx
Quote by gsoldi123
^ i thought if would of been obvious...why would i tell you the bands i like and then ask you which guitar is better to play that kind of music?...there is no budget, and i'm also getting an amp but not sure what kind, i'm between a marshall JCM 2000, or a mesa/boogie ( express, lonestar, stiletto, mark IV) don't know which one yet, so if someone what's to help in in that too...thanx

nah, a lot of people make versus threads just for the hell of it.

and I think someone made this same thread about 10 minutes ago, same bands and whatnot.

No budget? Custom Shop 1958 LP standard.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

jesus no budget...get a custom shop '59 les paul and a marshall plexi. then if you have money a '62 strat and you will be king.
www.carvin.com

/endthread

KaPow!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by joe_k
jesus no budget...get a custom shop '59 les paul and a marshall plexi. then if you have money a '62 strat and you will be king.

i'm getting that and a jackson SL1
I'd get an SG. Brighter and fatter than a LP so it'll do good with stuff like Allman Brothers and SRV, but still rough enough for Zeppelin and Sabbath.
All you know about me is what I've sold you,
I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record,
and then you bought one!
try them both. lp would be best for rock. if you like the way the strat plays though i would go with that. eddie van halen got a strat and put gibson pickups in it...idk. the best thing would be the lp though. i personally like the strat better, playabilllty wise at least, but like the lp sound. juss do like me. get a custom deluxe telecaster. put semour duncan pick ups in it. tow humbuckers full of it. doestn sound like anything esle out htere.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by gsoldi123
i'm getting that and a jackson SL1

bs dude. thats why your making a thread about this right? whatever my opinion is a fender fat strat. thats pretty much the most versatile guitar in the world.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
bs dude. thats why your making a thread about this right? whatever my opinion is a fender fat strat. thats pretty much the most versatile guitar in the world.

???????
This isn't a VS. thread
Its a thread where hes asking what guitar is better for those bands.
Its just the title.

I'd get a LP.
Quote by gsoldi123
???????

A fat strat is a strat that has a humbucker in the bridge position, so it's good for hard rock/metal stuff, but the middle and bridge pickups are single coil, so you scan still get those soulful strat sounds. From the sound of the bands you're in to, it might be a good choice for you.
If you have no budget just get both. O_O

Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple and Jimi Hendrix are great Strat fans, Page of Led Zeppelin and most of the others you mentioned would prefer a LP because of it's fatter sound and sustain and whatnot.

The fat strat would be a nice compromise really, but well why not just get both. You don't have to spend 2500$ on a Gibson LP... get a 1300$ one and a 1000$ USA Strat Deluxe for instance, and then you have 200$ left for picks ^^