I plan to get $300 or so. I am choosing between Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 1x10, the Epiphone Valve Standard Combo Amp, or the Fender FM 2x12 Combo Amp. The Fender FM 2x12 isn't a tube amp so I don't suppose it would give me a jesus sound and it is more expensive than the others. The Epiphone Valve Standard Combo amp is a 12" Class A Tube Amp with 3 12AX7 preamp tubes and 2 EL84 output tubes. It only have 15 watt, but I suppose that shall be enough. the VOX Valvetronix AD30VT 1x10 is a hybrid, and so it's not too tube-y. It's got a lot of built in effects and it looks good, but I want an all tube amp. What is your input (if you'll pardon the pun)?
Remember the AD30 isn't a valve amp either, but a hybrid amp. To be fair, I do quite like the AD series, they are very nice sounding amps.

What sort of music do you play and do you plan to play on your own or in a band?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
The AD line is great, and for about 350 you can get the 50 watt. Stay away from the Fender SS, whatever you do.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Vox has versitlity since its got the amp models and effects. It does not have the tube response and feel, but it comes close. The epi amp will give you that raw, real tone that your gear was made to do. Stick an eq and od pedal in front for some gritty tones.
I play classic rock and clean and acoustic stuff (all on electric guitar). I plan on getting a new guitar within the next 2 years or so, but my Kramer Focus actually does good cleans (from what I've heard on my amp and another practice amp at the store). Les Pauls probably do better. I play in a band but mostly I mess around on my guitar, but I want something that has tubes. I think it would be better than my LINE 6!!! That was a mistake...Line 6s are bad. I got mine for 100, but I could gotten a VOX Valvetronix or a Hughes and Kettner. I wish I would've. I also should've gotten a Epiphone Les Paul.
Well, I think that the Epi Valve Junior would have the tones that you want, but you wouldn't be able to use it particularly effectively at band practise. I might be wrong, but I think it'd be overpowered.

The Vox amps are a very nice inbetween amp. I've played them quite alot when testing guitars in shops and they are surprisingly nice amps. If I was in your price range and wanted to play with a band, I'd push my budget a little and get the 50 watt.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

EPIPHONE VALVE STANDARD

Juniors are WAY too little. Standards would be good at small gigs, practice and other crap.
Quote by ballroomofmars
EPIPHONE VALVE STANDARD

Juniors are WAY too little. Standards would be good at small gigs, practice and other crap.

Just depends on the needs. Besides, Standards are out of his price range.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

with a small band, light drumming, u can use a 15W tube amp or a 30 watt SS, like the vox.

anything heavier and ull want to jump up to a 50Watt solid state vox or a 30 watt tube.

if u can find a used fender hot rod tube, peavey classic 30, peavey delta blues, used ashdown, traynor, something around 30-40 watts, ull be covered for most band situations.

again, light drumming 15 watt tube should be fine. a used blues jr is only $300. but u might need a pedal to drive it, for harder things.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011