how often should i change my strings and polish my fretboard? do i polish the fret board after taking the strings off or not?can you recommend a good but cheap fretboard polish and cloth?also what strings are good for an Epiphone Les Paul Special ll?i heard that the Ernie Ball Top Heavy bottom strings are they good?thanks.

P.S.when theres an X on a tab..what do i do..its pissing me off because i dont understand what that means?and which selector is better on the Epiphone..the rhythm or Lead?Sorry for all the bulletins iv been posting..im just trying to understand everything i can about guitar.Just one last one:when there are 11 effects on a VOX DA5 amp..which one is the best?
And X is when you deaden a string but pick it. Can't really answer the others, sorry
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
depends on what your playing, if you want a dirtier noise, u might want lead, if u want cleanish less distortion go rhythm.
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
As foir a polisher, i like fast fret. i dont polish my fretboard as mcuh as i should, but i guess your supposed to do it after everytime you play. the epiphone and strings... what ever you like. dont let others tell you whats good and whats not (atleast when it comes to strings), thats for you to decide. I like d'addarios and elixers. and for the 11 effects, the best one is the one YOU like.
i change my strings whenever the start to feel like crap sound bad and the hig e is as black as the fretboard, i polish my fretboard everytime i change strings. i use dr. stringyellows lemoil or something like that just apply it right after you take off your strings let it soak in then put on your new strings, as for what guage strings its all personal preference and what kind of sound you want
1) Depends on how much you play. I play a ton everyday so I change mine about once a month.

2) NEVER take off all the strings at one. Just clean the fret board as you take each string off one by one. I always start with the high e string. I take it off and put on the new one and tune it close to standard before moving to the next. Otherwise things get messed up.

3) Depends on what you play for the strings. Personally I use the Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings, but it depends on what kind of music you play.

4) The X just means you hit the strings without playing a note.

As for the rest, it's all your opinion on what's best.
well to answer a couple questions,
1) changing strings is really just personal preference. unless they're rusty and cutting your fingers. then it's a must.
2) ernie ball slinky top heavy bottoms are gooooood versatile strings. the slinky .10s at the top give you easier bending and such while the heavier bottom strings give off a great chunky rhythm sound good for hard rock, metal, whatever really. i love em.
3) pickup selector switch depends on what you're goin for. for a sharper rock sound, use the lead/treble (bridge) pickup. and for a bluesy, bassier sound, use the rhythm (neck) pickup.
Quote by k1ng_pooh
d'ardo string kick ass, go with them but buy a bigger gauge than 42,

its d'addario. and yeah i got the 10-46 and i want something just a tad bigger.
Dunlop 45 polish is good, comes with a clothe, on bottle should last you at least 10 years lol
well i like to play all music..from rock like Sum 41 to metal like Megadeth..so which strings are good for all music type?
Doesnt really matter. i use GHS boomers GHS fast fret is good too
the epi special ll is a starter guitar.

if you put on heavy gauge strings, ull pull at ur neck more and ur action might feel pretty high.
also, if u take off all ur strings, ur TOM might pop off. just make sure u catch it before it bounces off the table.

so make sure u know how to set up ur guitar before u take off all ur strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Strings are cheap change them more often and you will keep a better sound and they will play better. I play a couple of hours + every day and I change mine about every 2 weeks. For non coated strings I like Roto Pinks in 9's.
Quote by Immortal_Hero
Strings are cheap change them more often and you will keep a better sound and they will play better. I play a couple of hours + every day and I change mine about every 2 weeks. For non coated strings I like Roto Pinks in 9's.

Unless you're playing for a gig or something, isn't every two weeks a bit much....?
Quote by odymmij
Unless you're playing for a gig or something, isn't every two weeks a bit much....?

In two weeks mine are black. What is it going to hurt? They are 5 bucks a set...