Page 1 of 2
I went to my local music store today and met the Taylor GS spruce/maple. In all honesty it is the best sounding and playable acoustic i've ever tried and i've tried many. I'm pretty new to maple woods, but is the back and side solid wood?
Also, i kno that FlatLander has this guitar, so any pointers or things to watch out for would be very appreciated
Matic - it's all solid wood. I played all the Taylors and I thought the GS beat them all. I had been playing the rosewood model at GC, but ended up with the maple - it's a touch brighter in tone, so if you like that bright sound, this is the way to go. I honestly couldn't be happier with this guitar... I'd say go for it!! (and then post pics! )
FlatLander, you dont understand how happy i was with the results. It's plays better than any guitar i kno. The action and playability was outstanding. Also, i was so suprised that the low's were so bassy and i loved it. Thanx for telling me it's all solid to. Im buying tommorow!
Its right beside me. The beauty is unbelievable. The tone is mouth dropping. I love it in every way. Now my question is, how do i find out the humidity level with that peice of paper?

I will post pictures as soon as my camera recharges.!
Congrats!! Not sure about the humidity - I run a humidifier in my house in the winter and keep an overall eye on it, but it's not something that I go nuts over - perhaps this will come to bite me down the line, but my guess is that it's like everything else; don't expose your guitar (or anything else) to extremes over long periods of times and take overall good care of them, and they'll do fine.

Looking forward to pictures.
k, thanx for the help. Im looking forward to showing it. Also, i got a lifetime warranty so... dont really have to worry about anything that much . Even the case amazed me. It's like Snake skin or something. i <3 it
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
^-- congratulations! i expect one of you two to post a sound clip!
Just out of curiousity, how much does one of these guitars run? And do they make any 12-string models? I love the Taylor 600 series which is essentially the same equation, but I'm guessing these guitars put out similar sound for less price.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
post pics and welcome to the taylor family!!

as for the climate control storing, i wouldnt worry too much about it. As long as you keep it somewhere in the house that has a fairly standard temp around 70-80 you should be just fine. I think you just dont want to leave it in the basement where it gets really cold or baking in the sun in the back of your car etc.

-B-
"TONE ADDICT"
Not to get back to the previous argument, but as long as the humidity doesn't drop below about 45-50% where you live, you won't have to worry about the climate change too much. Obviously, don't take the guitar between two extreme temperatures. If the humidity falls below that mark, you can easily fix it with a small sponge that you leave damp in your guitar case, or one of the devices specifically made for the purpose of humidifying your guitar and case.

Gear:
To start off with answering. The guitar costed $2,199.00 CDN( no gst or pst that day ). It came with a SICK taylor deluxe hardshell case and a humidifier. Also, i dont think that they make 12 string models of the GS, but i do kno that the 600 series(if you like maple) has them. Also, i tested out the 614ce and compared it to the GS. They sound very alike, but I found the GS to project more sound.

Now my questions. Should i leave the guitar in the case after im done playing with it? How do i find out the humidity. I got this like little chart thing, and it says to look at that, but i have no clue how to read it. :S If anyone knows about this or how to use it, plz post.

Also, im waiting for my recording mic, so then i will record like a mad man. Pictures soon. Thanx every1!
Sweet! So you saved 15% on your purchase. The taxes in Canada astounded me when I was there.

For the other question, I would leave the guitar in the case. Even if there is a big climate change, the case will acclimate more slowly then the surrounding air. If you can't figure out the little chart thingy, just go onto your local weather website and look up the dew point or humidity level. Unless you are running a dehumidifier or a humidifier in your house, it will be close enough.

Gear:
Alright thanks alot roaming bard Pictures posted tommorow
heyyyy yay another member added to the taylor family! you're a proud owner too eh! oh us crazy cannucks. so can you plug it in or do you have to mic it up?
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
The GS models don't come with the expression sound system, except for special order. And they do not make a 12 GS at this point.

Looking forward to pics. Don't stress on the humidity thing...
oh geez could you imagine a GS with taylors expression system? unreal...

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Thanx crystalh, im a crazy canuck too . I have a dean markley pick up which i guess is ok. also i think that all taylor family members should be proud owners
Quote by crystalh
oh geez could you imagine a GS with taylors expression system? unreal...

I saw one on ebay - must have been a special order. It was tempting...
how much was that guitar on ebay... i already have a taylor but i've been thinking about going for a T5 cause i want an electric. no reason really, just want one pretty bad cause they're gorgeous.

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
^ I think it went off just a little higher than a normal GS. Really if you wanted one with electronics, special ordering would be the way to go - I love the expression system - not only sounds great, but it does not have the unsightly electronics that most other A/E's have that just kill it for me, aesthetically.

I love the T5, but let's face it - it's an electric guitar. Sounds like crap unplugged.
At the store where i got my guitar, the T5(lowest one of the line) was about 50 dollars cheaper.
well i want an electric, because i already have an acoustic (aria from god knows when), an acoustic electric (my taylor!) and now i need an electric to finish off the collection so i'm stuck!! haha now i'm considering a GS with an expression system.. hm

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
you must be one rich person.
nope, just lucky to have a mommy that is lol. i've been trying to find out the price of my aria but i know absolutly NOTHING about it... bah. anyway, wheres the pics of this lovely guitar!

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
Jeez, ill post picss tommroew, redbul and vodka is a little too much rigth now
hey guys and girls. IMa start a taylor thread tomorrow when i get some pics of my 2 taylors, so everyone get pics tonight so they can post them up in the taylor thread hehe.

-B-
"TONE ADDICT"
LOL sorry i forgot about mine haha, ill make sure to post them this time though.
Alright, decided it was time. I'm not very good at taking photographs, but i tried. I really think u can't say anything about the guitar until u have seen it in reality. Thanx forevery1 who helped and gave advice.

If you want to see anymore pics of any specific area of the guitar just tell me and I will post. Enjoy.
She's Beautiful! I feel like I was cheating on my girl just looking at her...

I think I might have wood envy...

yours:

Mine:

Yup - side by side, I do... I will be brave...
Last edited by FlatLander at Apr 5, 2007,
LOL, yours looks great too, but when i turn my guitar at different angles some of the flaming disappears and some angles it like changes forms its weird, but very beautiful. I also absolutely love the back of the headstock and the neck. Even the neck looks gorgeous. Jeez i love it!
Comments, anything... will be very appreciated.!
friggen gorgeous. almost looks as good as me HA anyway... you love the back of the headstock and neck but wheres pics of that you got me curious!

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
Ill post those sexy pics tommorow haha
you know what i love? both of us canadians have the "proud owner of a taylor 2006" title... and both of our guitars are worth dying for. love it to pieces.

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
Page 1 of 2