so here goes. i have $100. honestly i have more but i want to budget my money. so iv been looking for these pedals. the dd-3 and the digidelay. i have tried both. even owned a used dd-3. sold because of the paint chips. like its been rape. never owned a digidelay but iv tried it for just a couple of minutes.

so what i like about the dd-3 is the sound, easy to use and its of course boss.
i dont like it because of the features. and it doesnt delay the last possible sounds when you turn off the pedal. for example when soloing then rhythm afterwards..

what i like about the digidelay is because it got lots of features and it delays the last sounds even if you stomp the box already. sound? i dont really know exactly because i only tried it a couple of minutes.
what i dont like about it is its not that easy to use. or maybe i just only tried it a few minutes. digitech? i hate digitech, until i bought the bad monkey. owned the metal master and hate it. but the digidelay is different.

so my question is, what delay is better? sound wise.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Mar 19, 2007,
Up to you, But some swear by both companies. I understand that digitech was DOD, and I love My FX75B, and my non working FX55B sounds good when i get a sound.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by sk8aman23
I have a dd-6 and it had the "trails" option, (the last possible sound) and i played a friends dd-3 and it had it also, i think i had to like plug in the power supply while holding down the pedal for that to work, cuz i know it didnt come like that. Where ever you tried it, ask if you can see the manual to see what im talking about.

what? are you sure? i guess i should have tried before i sold my raped dd-3. but im pretty sure that the dd-3 while turned off, it will delay the last thing you do when turned on. which isnt really necessary.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by sk8aman23
humm, that defiantly doesnt happen on the dd-6, and i dont remember if that happens on the dd-3, but ill find out, that does seem like quite the useless function

play then turn on the the dd-6 at once.. try it.

well anyways.. no one has answered my question yet..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

give ibanez DE7 and Danelectro PB&J Delay a go, they have a pretty natural sounding delay. Honestly, i didnt like the Boss delay pedals either, they sound too digital.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
any more suggestions??
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

anyone?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

When I was shopping around for a Delay pedal I spent a long time looking at all the different ones available, and I tried out both of these.

I decided against the DD-3 for one of the same reasons as you, there are no trails on it (when you turn it off it just stops - doesn't keep delaying last note). Also, the lack of a tap-tempo really limited its use in the live situation for me.

As for the Digitech, I thought it was alright (saps batteries) but just didn't match up to the Line 6 Echo Park. Personally, I've always had this vendetta against Line 6, but when I found this delay pedal it really was miles better than all the others. It's got a tap-tempo, it's got a trails swtich, its got loads of different delay types and is still very easy to use.

So my advice would be to check out the Line 6 Echo Park, its what I settled with in the end and I really haven't been disappointed!
Have the Echo Park and a Deluxe Memory Man. Both are out of your price range but I highly recomend that you save and get one. Or get a DE-7.
echo park is out of my budget. if im going to get that, i rather get the memory man or dd-6. but still off my budget. and i never liked line 6 since i had the distortion modeler of line6 (dm4). battery eating is not an issue. i got a power supply..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

more suggestion please..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

I like the Line 6. Get one used. I use power supply so batteries arent an issue.
its ok.. i heard its great. id buy it if a got the money.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mlogans91
What do you guys think about the Boss DD-20? (sorry to invade your thread, Mothership)

WHY DO YOU NEED 23 SECONDS OF DELAY? O_O That's its only difference from the DD-6 i think

BTW, the DD-6 is awesome. Well worth it. Never have to buy another delay
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by Kunundrum
the DD-6 is awesome. Well worth it. Never have to buy another delay

unless stolen.. hehe..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

YES MINE WAS STOLEN. O_O

Bought a new one last week lol.
^^ damn your rich.. i bet youll gona get a new sansamp gt-2 again or you have it already..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
^^ damn your rich.. i bet youll gona get a new sansamp gt-2 again or you have it already..

No, a friend helped me out. And i work my ass off lol. 9-5 job and gigs almost every night. I only sleep 5 hours a day
your here in the phil right? where do you live?

well anyways.. the dd-6 is really off my budget. well actually i can afford it but i still have plans with rest of the money.. any more you can suggest? have you tried the digidelay?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
your here in the phil right? where do you live?

well anyways.. the dd-6 is really off my budget. well actually i can afford it but i still have plans with rest of the money.. any more you can suggest? have you tried the digidelay?

Cebu. Well, the DD-3 is good too.
yeah i know, but it doesnt have the trail feature. but has good sound quality. that why im torn between the digidelay because it has trails. so my main problem is the sound quality of both pedals.. digidelay is my 1st option though because of the trail. but sound quality is still more important i guess..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Thanks for the info on the DD-20. But its not more expensive just because of 23 seconds of delay (I wouldn't buy it for that, I have a looper) it has more features like "twist" and "smooth."

Anyway, have you tried looking on ebay for a delay? Because you could probably get a nicer one off there for a fraction of the price.
Quote by Kunundrum
No, a friend helped me out. And i work my ass off lol. 9-5 job and gigs almost every night. I only sleep 5 hours a day

and your birthday is on April 16, 1991? do you ever go to school??
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
and your birthday is on April 16, 1991? do you ever go to school??

O_O that's not my real age. Why would i put my real age here? LOL! That's my "guitarist age". I bought my first guitar that day i think.

Quote by mlogans91
Thanks for the info on the DD-20. But its not more expensive just because of 23 seconds of delay (I wouldn't buy it for that, I have a looper) it has more features like "twist" and "smooth."

Anyway, have you tried looking on ebay for a delay? Because you could probably get a nicer one off there for a fraction of the price.

It does? Oh. ok. Well, i'd think the warp and reverse functions of the DD-6 are cool already. NO IDEA what the twist and smooth things do
Last edited by Kunundrum at Mar 21, 2007,
still torn between the two pedals... any more suggestions??
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

What are your options? But honestly, i'd go for boss. Has NEVER evr died on me.
Quote by Kunundrum
O_O that's not my real age. Why would i put my real age here? LOL! That's my "guitarist age". I bought my first guitar that day i think.

You really don't sound like you are over 16.