I think iv decided for now to keep my squier and just get some pickups for that. My friend has one with some carvin pickups and it shreds. I was wondering, i dont have they fat strat model so I cant get a humbucker in there, what would be some good pickups for a squier? I play basically metal. COB, In Flames, BLS, A7x, ozzy, dragonforce, shadows fall, trivium. haha yeah anyway is there any way to get sound like that out of single coils?
i would highly recoment the seymour invaders for all of that or emgs
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
If your squier has a pickguard, buy a cheap one for 10 bucks with a bridge humbucker slot. Then you can put a humbucker in there. Just make sure the screws line up with the new pickguard and it has the same number of screw holes. Also, seymour duncan makes humbuckers for single coil sized pickguard holes. Check for them on ebay and they come in tons of different colors/materials. I also reccomend the Seymour Duncan JB or the Duncan Distortion
Quote by Lynchworm
If your squier has a pickguard, buy a cheap one for 10 bucks with a bridge humbucker slot. Then you can put a humbucker in there. Just make sure the screws line up with the new pickguard and it has the same number of screw holes. Also, seymour duncan makes humbuckers for single coil sized pickguard holes. Check for them on ebay and they come in tons of different colors/materials. I also reccomend the Seymour Duncan JB or the Duncan Distortion

Well i thought even If i got a pickguard that could hold humbuckers that I would still have to cut out the slot to fit a humbucker? I have never taken the pickguard off, can you just put humbuckers in if you get a pickguard that will fit it?
Quote by liquidknowledg4
Well i thought even If i got a pickguard that could hold humbuckers that I would still have to cut out the slot to fit a humbucker? I have never taken the pickguard off, can you just put humbuckers in if you get a pickguard that will fit it?

It should be routed for HSS, at the least, so yes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I think you need a loaded pickguard, its got all you need.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/wipi.html

They are easier to install than a pickup and you can choose from several colors and pickup configurations. Plus they are cheap, all are less than $40. I have one in my SX Strat and its great.
Quote by vanzant38
I think you need a loaded pickguard, its got all you need.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/wipi.html

They are easier to install than a pickup and you can choose from several colors and pickup configurations. Plus they are cheap, all are less than $40. I have one in my SX Strat and its great.

wow man thanks for the site this was just what i was looking for! looks easy as shit too!
You have the completely wrong guitar for the style of music you want to play!
For a heavy metal sound you need humbucker pickups. Even if you spend $400 on the best Seymour Duncan single coils you can get, you still won’t get the sound you are looking for!

I'd suggest before wasting your money on pointless guitar mods you look at upgrading your amp or getting an OD pedal. This will affect your tone far more than new pickups.
If you're serious about playing metal (which I presume you are going on the bands you listed) you might want to think of getting a new guitar which is better suited. I'd recommend looking at Ibanez, Jackson, ESP and Cort.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Mhmm,

no point polishing turd.

A good amp will improve your tone ALOT more than a change of pick-ups in a not-so-good guitar
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
You have the completely wrong guitar for the style of music you want to play!
For a heavy metal sound you need humbucker pickups. Even if you spend $400 on the best Seymour Duncan single coils you can get, you still won’t get the sound you are looking for!

I'd suggest before wasting your money on pointless guitar mods you look at upgrading your amp or getting an OD pedal. This will affect your tone far more than new pickups.
If you're serious about playing metal (which I presume you are going on the bands you listed) you might want to think of getting a new guitar which is better suited. I'd recommend looking at Ibanez, Jackson, ESP and Cort.

You don't NEED humbuckers to play metal. If I plug in my SSS Strat into a Mesa Dual Rec, I could probably hit metal tones.

Secondly, we don't know what kind of amp he has, so don't assume he NEEDS to get a new one. Ask first.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You don't NEED humbuckers to play metal. If I plug in my SSS Strat into a Mesa Dual Rec, I could probably hit metal tones.

Secondly, we don't know what kind of amp he has, so don't assume he NEEDS to get a new one. Ask first.

Most of the bands he listed play in drop C and have a very heavy overdriven sound. Single coils simply will not produce this sound! I agree that you can play some softer metal with single coils such as Iron Maiden or Judast Priest but not hardcore metal.

Secondly, he has a Squier strat. No one buys a a Squier strat and a Marshall half stack! It's pretty safe to assume he's got a begginers amp, probably something like a Line6 Spider.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Yeah I didnt buy this guitar for metal. I bought it because it was 50$ for a new squier from a friend and that was all I could afford. I have peavey rage 158 amp. I really dont have the money to drop 5-600 on a guitar AND get a new better amp. I think it is routed to HSS.

And yes im a begginner, iv been playing about 6 months. I just dont have the money to get a new guitar and all I was just thinking I could get some new pickups and an amp for the squier and save alot.
I'd just say keep saving up. Honestly, new pickups are not gonna make as big a difference as you think, or as a lot of people make them out to.

Spot on

You don't need new pickups after playing 6 months...after 6 months you're probably only just beginning to recognise the difference between singles and humbuckers. You shouldn't spend money on anything , guitar related or otherwise, unless you're in a position to make an informed decision and quantify the difference. Buy a distortion pedal, or a wah or anything, but don't spend your money on pickups...it's just a waste at your level of experience.

Like John said, they don't actually make the kind of difference you're thinking they will.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com