I found a SMOKING deal on a Gibson LP Special, and I really need to know how hard it is to repair a headstock, or how much it would cost for a professional Luthier to repair it properly? I understand that neck damages cost upwards of $1000 from Gibson, so I really need to know how much extra it is going to cost me if the neck was not fixed properly?

Thank you in advance.
Well, can you get pictures? "Repairs" is a subjective word. There could be dents, scratches, small cracks, or a big crack.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm getting pictures before I jump at the guitar. It says that the headstock damage was repaired by a professional. when I get pictures you'll be the first to hear. My damage I want to say crack. So for cracks in general, small and large, what is the level of difficulty + $$$?
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/crack.htm
Does the crack look like it might go all the way through, or does it look like it's small and shallow?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

http://a.im.craigslist.org/VC/Ec/mqC8mr5GBUjNVyY0CjBGxKKyHV3V.jpg

only picture I have of it. doesn't look damaged there, but it said it was professionally repaired. i really don't know how good the repair job is. i want to determine what needs to be done to it before i buy it. if it ends up costing me twice as much as it's worth, what's the point?
Once upon a time, you didn't exist.

SLAMARAMALAMABINGBONG - How To Play Guitar For Dummies
the common gibson neck break is on the back of the neck, behind the truss rod access, parallel to the fretboard. you wont see in in that pic.

im not sure on the costs but if it was fixed and it broke again it was repaired wrong or it is unrepairable
I've given up on purchasing that guitar. You'll see a new thread with my homemade geetaur!
Once upon a time, you didn't exist.

SLAMARAMALAMABINGBONG - How To Play Guitar For Dummies
Any suggestions for repair... Should I really break this headstock all the way off? I 'm worried about ruining the laminate, binding and inlay...This break doesnt open up that much even with alot of pressure. I dont know for sure but I think an attempt has been made to glue it.....
Attachments:
front.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
YOU shoudlnt do anything except take it to a pro
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by senor_penguin
YOU shoudlnt do anything except take it to a pro

Well...that was informative...IF this was a vintage guitar or even close to being top quality, I wouldnt hesitate taking it to a luthier...This guitar was made when Gibsons quality was a bit substandard (IMO). No where near the quality of todays LP Custom. AND for that reason I decided to attempt to fix it myself. I read some threads that YOU started and some of your questions could have been answered the same way...Take it to a Pro...but that wasnt the reply you got...You got insiteful , useful answers... So thanks for nothing...but, hell I like You...You can come over to my house an f**k my sister,,,but damn, obviously your testicles havent dropped yet.
That is a horrible break. Fixing it yourself would be incredibly dificult, and probably not work our right. Taking it to a shop or tossing it out or installing a new neck would be your options.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: