hey there, i dont know if this is the right spot for this post. if not ill move it. but my bands playing a show friday night, and we need a new cover, something great for the crowd to get into. its a university bar, so we need a well known song everyone can have fun with. were mainly an upbeat alt rock type band, and we were thinking doing something generic like living on a prayer, or even going crazy with something like hung up by madonna, of course in a band version. let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions! thanks
I would suggest Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette because its always cool or Where Is my Mind by The Pixies.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Refused - "New Noise". Everyone would want to blow you... even the guys. So be prepared.

But it's not really alt. rock. It's more hard punk, or whatever you want to call it.
That Madonna song sounds like a cool idea, I'd definitely go with that. Or else maybe another odd song to play with a band, like Toxic by Britney Spears.

And you can never go wrong with Smells Like Teen Spirit
not really alt rock but tnt - ac/dc
itll get anyone pumped
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Operation Ivy is simple, but FANtastic.

=]

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Oh, oh, you should totally cover Roses Are Free by Ween. That would be dead sexy.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by 319
^yes you can

...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by Kevin97220
Semi-Charmed Kind of Life - Three Doors Down

Everlong - Foo Fighters

surprising enough we've actaully contemplated both of these songs!