Well, I've had a GRX-20 for a few months now and it is 100% stock, but I'm gathering up some accessory items in my cart on guitarcenter.com and figured I should probably change my stock strings to some D'Addario XL's. Am I gonna notice a difference in tone from these high quality strings? Anyone who uses these strings, how do they feel? Is it easy to slide around on them. Do they have a nice sustain? Thanks.
Hmm I think Ibanez strings all their guitars with D'Addarios

New strings will always sound great though... that is if you like that new string brightness
Strings are strings. Theres not much difference between brands, just between the material used.
You will notice a huge difference in tone though. New strings have a really bright, snappy sound to them. I can almost guarantee you will never want to leave the same set of strings on that guitar for more than a month again.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
personally i like the nice unsnappy feel and sound from using strings for a while. You probably should change your strings if you've have them on for a few months, too long and the strings will never stay in tune...at least it happened to me i hope not to you though.
The only time I noticed a really BAD change was trying out Blue Steel strings... My goodness those were awful. Soon as I put em on they were just bad.
Quote by ShutDown785
Strings are strings. Theres not much difference between brands, just between the material used.
You will notice a huge difference in tone though. New strings have a really bright, snappy sound to them. I can almost guarantee you will never want to leave the same set of strings on that guitar for more than a month again.

Well, I mean, different brands use different materials. I have a feeling the strings I have now are 100% steel, whereas d'addario uses nickel or nickel plated steel I think. I've heard people say Ernie Ball Slinkys are really slick and flexible, but they don't last all that long., whereas I've also heard that d'addarios last long but nobody ever mentions how they feel...at least from what I've read.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Hmm I think Ibanez strings all their guitars with D'Addarios

New strings will always sound great though... that is if you like that new string brightness

Is there a way to find out for sure if Ibanez does that?
I've got two manuals from Ibanez one from 1995 and one from 2006 and they all state they use Addario 9's on all there trem equiped guitars
Quote by Silky Smooth
I've got two manuals from Ibanez one from 1995 and one from 2006 and they all state they use Addario 9's on all there trem equiped guitars

cool, thanks...
so, bottomline, I think I will throw some d'addario EXL110's in the cart. 3-pack should do it.