Got a gig friday and im nervous as hell. Playing in front of 1500 people (towns population is 2000). MY first time singing lol and im also playing rhythm guitar. Any tips (besides "dont f*** up")?
keep calm and try not to impress the people by trying to hard. just play like you're practicing
That's a good sized crowd.I would say just jam out like you do in practice.I still get nervous before shows but once I get up there and do a song or two, I'm fine.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
yeah dude just act normal. Dont try a lot of fancy stuff unless you can do it without messing up.
when i did a gig, since i was rhythm and sang, when i wasnt singing id try and pump the crowd up, cause if you show some enthusiam they will feed off of it, cause you can nail every riff, but if the crowd falls asleep then whats the point.
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Ya, as stupid as it sounds, pretend you're just chilling wherever you normally practice. I've got a talent show I'm playing Eruption in this Friday, and we've had a few rehearsels; the first time, I completely butchered it because I was totally stressing about every mistake; the second time I pretended nobody was there and I made Eruption my bitch. There's a big difference if you can get into the right frame ofmind.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
dont act bored , but dont smile the whole time either. i keep a pretty normal face most of the time but if you smile every once and a while it makes them feel like you are having a good time and then tehy will to. The crowd can usually tell when you are nearvous and then will feel sorry for you and not pay attention to the show, so act confident!
do somthing like say' you guys ready to ****ing rock?" and they respond positivly and you get a good feling and you dont get as nervous
HARDCORE GROUPIE OF THE LENGENDARY ZEPPELINISM
PM The Heartbreaker to join(you should join ) !!

TEH BEST THREAD EVER =]

Quote by DownInAHole.
3 times I've been sigged!

actually four now..^^^
kk, first gig lol reading up on the gig story thread and just frettin bout screwin up.
Dont worry. The crowd came to see you. You are better then them, your the one with the guitar in your hands, your the one playing the music, the thing they are going to do is cheer, and they will, make it like your playing for yourself, because they aren't worth all of it, smile, be excited, not nervous. The more energy you have, and the better you play, the more people will die to talk about you.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
yeah man, it's all about you aye, i played my first gig about 2 months ago with my new band, it gos something like this...

hands shaking, nearly throwing up, cue to stage, get on stage, nearly throw up again, intro the band in possibly the most girly voice ever, first song starts, sing the verse...and here's the kicker...completely miss the scream into the chorus, it came out more like a weird fart noise...but right after that song ended, every suckka in that room had 500x the respect they did for me when we started, just cause i kept going

point being, even if you do **** up, just keep going, its an assload better than screwing up, stopping, looking like a fool and having everyone look down upon you lolol, won't happen but still it's something to avoid

lol
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Neogioh
The best advice I can give: What do you accomplish in being nervous? Just don't worry about it.

that's the best advice for a practical man you can get. awesome
I suggest, just go out there, do your things, and put on a show you'd dream to put on in front of 150,000 people. Before the show, just sit backstage and run through your songs, or just chromatic scales you loosen you up, and calm you down. Maybe go for a walk. Just don't worry about it.

When I played my show, I couldn't even see past the first 3 rows of the 300 or so people, so it was good, since I suck at eye contact.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Warm your hands up, take a walk, drink plenty of water, go to the toilet, sing a tune you remember from anything and you should do alright
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by Iceman729
Got a gig friday and im nervous as hell. Playing in front of 1500 people (towns population is 2000). MY first time singing lol and im also playing rhythm guitar. Any tips (besides "dont f*** up")?

dude. you mean three fourths of your town is there?
^_^
Don't think about it at all. Especially do NOT think about how many people you'll be playing in front of, how important the gig is, etc. Forget all that. Just think about the music to start off with, think about what you have to be playing and what the rest of the band is doing, don't think about the audience. Then after a few songs, the nervousness will probably have gone away and you'll be able to just have fun.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
The only advise I can give is to just relax, chances are something will go wrong...don't get worked up about it and take it easy

And knock 'em dead!

Good luck
try and think that you are the re-incarnation of a rock god or something plus just know that you'll rock
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
If you screw up, do not draw attention to it. Keep going.

Quote by RadioHead22
say it was on purpose. for example on one of my shows i screwed up the bass intro to one of our songs really badly but i played it off like nothing happened and everyone thought it was a cool "live version" of one of our better songs
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
say it was on purpose. for example on one of my shows i screwed up the bass intro to one of our songs really badly but i played it off like nothing happened and everyone thought it was a cool "live version" of one of our better songs

Well, I'm more or less talking about like, you miss a pause, or you play the wrong chord, or forget a line, don't show it. Just keep playing.

Quote by RadioHead22
but i did miss a pause and a chord i played somethign completely different than written becasue i forgot the line after the first chord
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
but i did miss a pause and a chord i played somethign completely different than written becasue i forgot the line after the first chord

Yes, but I'm assuming it was a bass intro, with just bass? I'm thinking of like, while everyone is playing, he hits the wrong chord, sounds very sour, and then when he's singing, he forgets the words.

And stop trying to argue with me. You know what I mean.

Quote by RadioHead22
k and i agree with greendayguitar confidence is key and don't admit mistakes. for example during a different gig i forgot the chorus to a song and make up the words as i went along or i played an entire song 1/2 step out of key. that was my first gig
I shot JR

here is a tip if your playing all original stuff... if they havent heard it, dont just completely stop playing, what ever you do, just because of a screw up... they most likely wont kno the diffrence
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
do voice warmups, finger exercises on a practice amp backstage, be loose and remember this is what you (hopefully) love doing! Good luck bud! I wish i was in ur shoes (1500 ppl?!?!?! nice!).
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by B2daR2daA2daD
when i did a gig, since i was rhythm and sang, when i wasnt singing id try and pump the crowd up, cause if you show some enthusiam they will feed off of it, cause you can nail every riff, but if the crowd falls asleep then whats the point.

VERRRRRY GOOD POINT! Exactly what i try to get my singer to understand...i need to buy a mic for myself cuz i'm a livewire like that (just don't give a shit and will amp the crowd up).
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Drmckool
k and i agree with greendayguitar confidence is key and don't admit mistakes. for example during a different gig i forgot the chorus to a song and make up the words as i went along or i played an entire song 1/2 step out of key. that was my first gig

*pats on the back*
^_^
Seriously?

I found that playing my guitar and sitting there before going onstage and really performing helped me find a groove in my head. I went out, played like I wanted to, and before I knew it it was over.
Quote by Guitargod12345
Relax and Play with your heart.

Cheesy. But true.

(I think I said something even cheesier.)
^_^