Poll: Where do you usually keep your guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you usually keep your guitar?
Case
23 12%
Stand
90 48%
Hanging on the Wall
21 11%
Leaning against something
33 18%
Gig Bag
8 4%
Other
6 3%
Before I play, I often find myself saying "Where the hell is my guitar?"
5 3%
Voters: 186.
ether one a guitar stand or in the case
HARDCORE GROUPIE OF THE LENGENDARY ZEPPELINISM
PM The Heartbreaker to join(you should join ) !!

TEH BEST THREAD EVER =]

Quote by DownInAHole.
3 times I've been sigged!

actually four now..^^^
my electric leaning on my amp and my acuostic on a stand
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
4 of 'em over leaning against shelves in their cases, and the one I've been using lately leaning against another table next to my computer desk.
Usually on the sofa, although my 1964 Yairi probably needs better care taken of it than that. Every house should have a sofa guitar, that way when you sit down, the guitar comes to hand before the TV remote and you end up practicing for half an hour instead of watching crap TV.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
In my case.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
One on a stand, the other leaning against my wall.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
My main guitars are on stands downstairs. All my old guitars are just sorta dumped in a corner of my room. I should take better care of them really LOL
Attachments:
old-guitars.JPG
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
The one I've no been playing is in the case and the other one is usually lying on my sofa in my room.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
1 on a stand and 2 in a case. I plan on getting a couple wall hangers so it'll change to 2 on a wall and 1 on a stand.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Electrics usually in the case/lying on top of the case. 12-string is usually on my bed if I'm at the computer, or on the computer chair if I'm in bed, hahaha.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Here's a question, if the threadstarted doesn't mind me askin in here, but are there significant differences in the way the guitar is stored?

Basically, I'm wondering if there are any WRONG ways to store a guitar, aside from the obvious. Reason why I ask, is I remember seeing a guitar stand at a store, that was made so it only cradled the body of the guitar, as opposed to using the neck to help support it, like so many other stands. It mentioned something about less stress on the neck.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I sleep with it...

Actually...all Six are in cases...and the bass is in a gig bag.
The reason my first guitar broke is coz I always had it leaning against something and it was constantly falling over
all over the house.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Quote by woodenbandman
Bed/Closet.

ooh wot's it doin there?

two of my guitars and one of my basses is on the wall, t'other bass is on a stand, other guitars just restin on a chair (strings down, so the neck doesn't get warped)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Strat on a stand, and 135 in it's case. I only use it for rhythm, which is rare, but I love the way it sounds with OD and Disto.

EDIT: Just MOMENTS after this post i took the 135 out of its case, plugged her in, and POW, broke my a string. Back into the case she goes...
Once upon a time, you didn't exist.

SLAMARAMALAMABINGBONG - How To Play Guitar For Dummies
Last edited by geehumshriber at Mar 20, 2007,
I keep my piece of crap in either three places, lying on my bedroom floor, or in my gigbag if ive just been somewhere and havnt played it since. Or if ive been jammin with my brother and his bass itd b leant against a armchair in living room.

If u put it against ur amp and accidently left ur amp on thatd b bad for it wouldnt it.
I keep my cheepies on the stand so I can play whenever I feel like it, but the Gibson and the Fender are in the case at all times unless I'm playing with my band or gigging.
Wall hanger, wouldn't risk them being elsewhere as I love them very much.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
There's a guy on the board who ordered this V with a pointy tip and he keeps it in his bum.
I keep my guitars on a stand i made out of the femurs of Japanese soldiers
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
three on stands one on a beanbag
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
My main guitars are on stands downstairs. All my old guitars are just sorta dumped in a corner of my room. I should take better care of them really LOL

IS THAT AN ARTCORE I SEE!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! I keep my Artcore on my wall hanger and my acoustic on a stand
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.