Hey guys need some help deciding something
I joined a band who describes themselves as melodic hardcore metal i guess?
There is a singer and a screamer and the guitar is weird I guess its metalish and mostly like Saosin if you've heard of them
They arn't great but they are good and I have quite a bit of fun playing bass since they insist I jump around and be high energy. Unfortunately most of them are religious and would frown upon my drinking and womanizing.
I have a chance at this other band that is really metal, like the music is lamb of god good. Like rediculously good. They basically force me to drink beer when I practise with them (this is good). But they want me to sing which I am sketchy about and dont even know if I can do and I know it wont be as fun as playing bass and smashin shit.
I am not good at making decisions so I want your opinions.
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
1970's Raven SG copy (extreme modifications)
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
and of course... a disco ball
They crappier one is really big on the band being close, plus practise and gigs will probably get in the way of each other
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
if you dont get along personally with the first band then you shouldnt be with them. but the second band, although good, will be heading down a dark road if they get drunk at every practice. it really depends on what you want to be as a musician. if you want to just hang out with people and play but go no further than playing local shows then both bands sound good. if you want to make it to a label and be a huge band then you have to think of what kind of company you can handle. the second band drinks a lot. if they are on the road and on tour they are gonna drink more. attitudes will flair and i would consider it amazing if you make a full tour. the first band, if the music is good, might be easier to handle on the road. your first priority should be relationship though. if you dont get along with the members it isnt going to work out.
We don't get drunk, just have a couple beers; we are from Alberta thats just what we do we like have a couple beers at lunch break at work or school no big deal
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
Quote by fcolbert
We don't get drunk, just have a couple beers; we are from Alberta thats just what we do we like have a couple beers at lunch break at work or school no big deal

I live in Alberta and we dont drink during lunch or at school, but that would be pretty nice
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
just take beer to school and drink it at noon, it makes you get better grades, or worse i dont know, i guess I am from a slightly more redneck part of Alberta
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
Quote by fcolbert
just take beer to school and drink it at noon, it makes you get better grades, or worse i dont know, i guess I am from a slightly more redneck part of Alberta

Yeah I can tell lol
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join