Yes and yes.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
matte i think^^^
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
You can already get these in the UK! They have then in my local store. They look pretty sweet but it's quite hard to reach the frets on the upper register (from about the 18th fret upwards) which is a really bad design considering the whole point of V's is easy access to the upper frets.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
You can already get these in the UK! They have then in my local store. They look pretty sweet but it's quite hard to reach the frets on the upper register (from about the 18th fret upwards) which is a really bad design considering the whole point of V's is easy access to the upper frets.

if you want some ****ing upper fret access on a flying v guitar then definately check out the Orbit by Caparison
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07orbit.html
Quote by Cecil Gonzales

Have you played one? How does it sound? How big/heavy is it? WHY is upper fret access hard?

PICS!!!?!

Thanks.
The Wizard neck is indeed awesome.

If I was getting an Ibanez V though, I'd hunt down an old Rocket Roll from the 70's
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by northerfan666
Have you played one? How does it sound? How big/heavy is it? WHY is upper fret access hard?

PICS!!!?!

Thanks.

Yes I played one the other week. I'd say it's about the same size as a Gibson flying V and around the same sorta weight. It's difficult to tell though as I'd need to try them side by side to be accuracte.

The upper frets are hard to reach because the fretboard extends way past where the neck and body join up and the shape of the body makes it more difficult to reach the upper frets the higher up you go.
Hopefully this picture will show it better than I can explain it.
Attachments:
ibanez.JPG
the ibanez headstock seems to clash with the v body style...i dunno, thats just my opinion
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
the ibanez headstock seems to clash with the v body style...i dunno, thats just my opinion

Tell that to Dave Mustaine and his Dean.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Tell that to Dave Mustaine and his Dean.

+1

that's gotta be the ugliest v played by the ugliest sob ever

PS: is this the first time ibanez has made a v? cause i couldve swore i saw cannibal corpse footage wher jack owen played a v
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22

I think it goes pretty well....I never like the triangle headstock, I think slanted ones look much better...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by shredhead22
PS: is this the first time ibanez has made a v? cause i couldve swore i saw cannibal corpse footage wher jack owen played a v

They made a Gibson-style Rocket Roll in the early 80s, and Rhoads-style ProLine V in the late 80s, but this particular design (symmetrical pointy V) is new to them, if memory serves.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Yes I played one the other week. I'd say it's about the same size as a Gibson flying V and around the same sorta weight. It's difficult to tell though as I'd need to try them side by side to be accuracte.

The upper frets are hard to reach because the fretboard extends way past where the neck and body join up and the shape of the body makes it more difficult to reach the upper frets the higher up you go.
Hopefully this picture will show it better than I can explain it.

Wow, thanks for the help.

Aren't all V's like that tho? Especially King Vs? Look the same.
Quote by shredhead22
+1

that's gotta be the ugliest v played by the ugliest sob ever

Pat o'brien of cannibal corpse uses custom Bc rich V's. Oh he has his own signature model but bc rich wont mass produce it for some reason... It looks hella tight too..

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
Quote by Shred_From_Hell
Pat o'brien of cannibal corpse uses custom Bc rich V's. Oh he has his own signature model but bc rich wont mass produce it for some reason... It looks hella tight too..

yeah i know that.....

i was referring to Jack Owen, not pat. i have a concert of theirs in russia and he clearly plays an ibanez v (back in the day before he shaved his head)
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
So yeah I'm pretty much getting this. But how come there's like no news or even pics of it online? Just a few websites say it's coming April 8th, but how accurate is this?
good V = ESP
alexi laiho from children of bodom plays one and it they sound sweet.
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.
Quote by axe-maniac
good V = ESP
alexi laiho from children of bodom plays one and it they sound sweet.

Eh... one pickup...

Should I preorder one now if it's limited run? Like on zzounds? Would that give me a better chance?
Quote by northerfan666
Wow, thanks for the help.

Aren't all V's like that tho? Especially King Vs? Look the same.

Yes pretty much all V's are like this I found the Ibanez to be much worst than other V's I've played. It's really difficult to explain, you really need to pick one up and try for yourself as this is only my opinion. You may have bigger hands than me and not find it a problem at all.
Yeah, I doubt my local shop will get these (they have more Strat types than anything and no Vs and like one Ibanez), but I think it is a safe bet. I think I'm willing to sacrifice that upper fret access for all the good features. I mean, I only have $600 right now, and I NEED a new guitar...

but yeah thanks for the help Cecil.
No problem, hope you enjoy your new guitar
ive wanted this guitar for so long. im sure paul gilbert has it in pics in total guitar but i could only ever find the explorer version. i want one
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Alright, I know this thread should have died quite a while ago, but I kinda really want to know how to preorder this thing or ensure I will get one. Cuz it's limited run and all...
northerfan666 you my friend are a arse

i want this guitar so bad. ah well :P
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
The reviews tell it that its good :P
"THIS IS SUMMARY THAT TELLS U THE STRAIGHT Truth FROM A IBANEZ FAN AND A FAN OF metal"

Feature:
the ammarzios are perfect the inlay everything is good

Quality:
amazing

Value:
suprised its not in the 1000 dollar range

Desirability:
it makes me droll

Sound:
the sound is amazing the quality and finish to it is awsome the sound is perfect for metal definitly something any ibanez and metal lover should get thier hands on this is a real deal sense the rolling rocket

Ease of Use:
for a V its better then most to me my opinion very playable to standing players

Support:
never

Overall:
its the best V by ibanez and the best guitar made by ibanez ive ever played
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II

It's looks like a steal for the price. Only problem is my electric broke, so now I'm stuck with acoustic, and it doesn't look like this Ibanez is going to be arriving at my doorstep anytime soon.
i played one last week looked amazing , but it realy wasnt anything special. i say jackson / esp for V's rofl.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I played one recently, my other guitar is a Jap Ibby prestige and when i played this I was shocked at the difference in quality, the knobs just felt soo horrible and cheap. The neck was nice, I had no problems reaching the 24 fret and playing in that region, If I was kust a regular joe I wouldnt really buy the V but since I'm an Ibanez freak and this is a limeted run model I'm planning to get this instead of this 1993 limited edition RG550(with custom Seymour Duncans) I saw or a new amp(Epiphone Blues Custom to replace my MG I know I know but I had no other options)