Yes, I know they're two very different things, but I'm wondering which would be more useful for me. I play mostly instrumental rock and metal (think Satriani, Vai, Petrucci, Gilbert) but I still do a bit of clean playing. I play an Ibanez through a Traynor tube amp and I do like my tone, I just think it could be a bit smoother. Which would be better for me?
if your looking for it to be smoother then get a compression sustainer pedal. that should make your oevrdiven amp sound real nice and smooth.
do you have a delay pedal? you might wana get 1 first. then the bad monkey to boost your amp..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Digitech Bad Monkey's are horrid and digital. They are just a big chunk of scrap metal IMO. At least if you get an overdrive, please get a Maxon OD-9 or a Fulltone OCD or a Carl Martin of some kind. But i would go with a Phase 90 personally, i will purchasing a 2nd one somewhere in the near future. Best and smoothest phaser out there. But you say you are happy with your tone so the overdrive can wait. Do some refining and tweaking with your EQ and dials and you might hit a sweet spot, rendering an overdrive obsolete
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Digitech Bad Monkey's are horrid and digital. They are just a big chunk of scrap metal IMO. At least if you get an overdrive, please get a Maxon OD-9 or a Fulltone OCD or a Carl Martin of some kind. But i would go with a Phase 90 personally, i will purchasing a 2nd one somewhere in the near future. Best and smoothest phaser out there. But you say you are happy with your tone so the overdrive can wait. Do some refining and tweaking with your EQ and dials and you might hit a sweet spot, rendering an overdrive obsolete

have you tried it?? bad monkey is not digital. the x series are.. and just so you know, bad monkey is not an x series..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Yeah i tried it at my local music shop. I didnt say it was digital, i simply stated it sounded digital.
Personally i just really dont like the tone. It sounds quite awful, especially through a tube amp. I played with it for 1/2 an hour and i couldnt get a single good sound out of it
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
ah.. well fair enough. for me, bad monkey is a great od. quite heavy and middy but alright with me. i use it to boost my sansamp gt-2. before i bought it, i tried it with the bandit at the store.. quite honestly i didnt notice any boost unfortunately. but works on my sansamp.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

im half tempted to think incubusman could have been more than a little biased in his 1/2 hour of testing the bad monkey (its funny how you hear what you want to hear) but ill leave the benefit of the doubt to him. that said, its probably in your best interests, mlogans, to test drive both for yourself. another overdrive in that price range that i think might fit your needs is the dod yjm308. it definitely helps smooth out your lead sound.
and try not to start with any preconceptions about "digital" sound or get hung up on boutique pedal brand names.
Quote by lightbulbs on?!
try not to start with any preconceptions about "digital" sound or get hung up on boutique pedal brand names.

yeah.. i always thought digitech sucks.. i have a friend who owns a gnx2 and i dont like it. i had a metal master before, didnt like it and sold it. but after trying the bad monkey my negative incite on digitech changed. now im looking for a digidelay..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Phasers are fun, and Satch uses his a little.

A compressor IS a good idea.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by lightbulbs on?!
im half tempted to think incubusman could have been more than a little biased in his 1/2 hour of testing the bad monkey (its funny how you hear what you want to hear) but ill leave the benefit of the doubt to him. that said, its probably in your best interests, mlogans, to test drive both for yourself. another overdrive in that price range that i think might fit your needs is the dod yjm308. it definitely helps smooth out your lead sound.
and try not to start with any preconceptions about "digital" sound or get hung up on boutique pedal brand names.

Well, I cant really say all Digitech sucks because i own a Digitech Whammy. The RP series multi-effects are adequate, and this is coming from an individual effects nazi that hates multi-effects. The GNX, from what ive heard and played are quite weak. The Scott Ian distortion they put out though aint bad. But stuff like the Screamin' Blues, Digitech Grunge, the Bad Monkey and Hot Head, i personally think, sound tinny and digital. However dont get the impression that i am some sort of analogue freak. Most analogue stuff i think is over-rated, im just very specific with my taste and my preference of overdrive is more based on a Maxon/Fulltone liking. I was saying before you get the Bad Monkey, try some of the lesser known boutique brands and explore the range before you settle for Digitech. Another thing, I think the Digitech Hyper Phase is disgusting but meh.

Anyway, i'd go the Phase 90 but heres some good overdrive brands:

Maxon
Fulltone
Carl Martin
Tech 21
ToadWorks
Visual Sound.

Hell just go to http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/effects.html
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM