Alllllrighty then. I'm just gonna ask this and if someone wants to complain, do it somewhere else.

I'm looking for a second guitar. I have a Monterey Stage Series now and I got a fair bit of money. I'm in a band and we are playing pretty regularly, all of it classic rock stuff.

Question: What guitar should I get? I live by the motto, "Die by the solo", so I need a guitar with good sustain. I have a budget of around 2000 Aussie dollars so hopefully that can get me something decent.

My main problem is that I went to a guitar shop and they said
"Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson..."
so one other thing,

PLEASE DON'T NAME A GIBSON PRODUCT!

Or I will be forced to come into your house at night and break stuff.

Thank you very much.

btw, I have a spider II 112 amplifier, so also please don't suggest just getting a better amplifier cos I can't get one.
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
take a look at the Ibanez RG Prestige series. i bought one for i think $1800 and its mint.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Ibanez's are good so are Jacksons.
I don't Really like Gibsons too.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
if you like the les paul shape and dont like gibson, check out ESP's Ec series, the ec400's or 500's with seymour duncans are really meaty and sound/feal/look like gibson standards and theyre about 800$
Quote by FrancheComa
if you like the les paul shape and dont like gibson, check out ESP's Ec series, the ec400's or 500's with seymour duncans are really meaty and sound/feal/look like gibson standards and theyre about 800$

+1. I have an EC-400 with EMG 81s. Its half the weight of a Gibby LP and sounds just as fat.
Quote by teenrocker
Alllllrighty then. I'm just gonna ask this and if someone wants to complain, do it somewhere else.

Well here's the thing. I'm gonna complain.... and I'm a mod.

Thread locked. Watch your attitude next time.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure