Hey guys i'm doing a project about the screens behind Tool, and the artwork and videos that appear. For starters, does anyone know what it's called? I'm guessing digital imagery and video or some shit? Is there a particular name for it?
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
At Download '06 they were playing some of the Music Videos on the screens to compliment the music.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
They were at big day out too.
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
hmmm interesting. let us know about the developments of you work
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

voodoo child - jimi hendrix (good song by a crap guitarist)
nothing else matters - metalica (closest they'll ever come to true metal)
can't stop - rhcp (john is not god)
fix you - coldplay (the shredding is top)
Yeah the artwork and videos are awesome. Still wondering what it's called though..
Wen i saw them at BDO schism and Aenema had their music videos while the other songs had images that related to them in some way, btw kinda off topic but has anyone ever seen them play parabola live? apparently maynard cant hit the high notes
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
The pictures to Rosetta Stoned were fascinating when I saw them.

Wen i saw them at BDO schism and Aenema had their music videos while the other songs had images that related to them in some way, btw kinda off topic but has anyone ever seen them play parabola live? apparently maynard cant hit the high notes

yeah I dont think they played it all during the 10.000 Days tour. There´s this video on youtube of him screwing it up, so I guess it´s one of the harder songs for him.
he did perform it alot of time back in the Lateralus tour..and sorry,I don't know what it's called...video accompaniment?
Take it to the Tool thread.

Not because I'm being a bastard, but just because you'll get much better answers.

Somebody posted an article about the stage show a while back, actually.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
As far as I know the artwork is all done by Adam Jones, the guitarist. He does their videos and he does their projections for their live shows too.
Cheers all