oh yeah and is it solid state? (the combo and the head)? it says tube and solid state for the dials so im a little confused, is that the bass and treble?
If i'm not mistaken, it has two preamps with one power amp. It's powered by solid state, but if you switch to one of the preamps/channels you can get a more tube-like tone.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
that is my exact gig rig and it is a great tight little punchy rig but i only have one disapointment with it. the top right speaker blew in the cab and it was still under warranty so thats ok but its been in their service centre for 7 weeks now and ive needed it 3 times for gigs

also its a solid state amp with 2 preamps one which provides 'tube emulation' its not the best tube sound but its also alot cheaper
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
There is actually a tube in one of the preamps so it's not tube emulation if I'm not mistaken.

Great bang for buck, I have that exact rig and for all I've used it for it has been enough. Plus the 11 band EQ and contours give you a lot of control over your sound.
Quote by ShaggyDan
There is actually a tube in one of the preamps so it's not tube emulation if I'm not mistaken.

Great bang for buck, I have that exact rig and for all I've used it for it has been enough. Plus the 11 band EQ and contours give you a lot of control over your sound.

did u read the link he gave with the thread.

and dude if it had a tube in it it would need a standby switch as well as just the on off power switch
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by bazz_aaron
that is my exact gig rig and it is a great tight little punchy rig but i only have one disapointment with it. the top right speaker blew in the cab and it was still under warranty so thats ok but its been in their service centre for 7 weeks now and ive needed it 3 times for gigs

also its a solid state amp with 2 preamps one which provides 'tube emulation' its not the best tube sound but its also alot cheaper

do you mean the combo? tube emulation as in it tries to mimic the tube sound? thanks

edit: yeah good point, it would have a standby switch..
I would have a look into getting a different Hartke cab though. Their ones with aluminium cones have a lot more punch
I have the 3500, which is a slighter more louder head

Best thing I ever bought for 400 bones.

It has a tube and solid state preamp I am told it has a tube anyway, I use the solid state.

From what I hear, if you replace the tube, the tube sounds better.
To set everything straight: it HAS one tube... How do I know? I took a closer look inside my HA3500...
So I have the same setup (but the 3500 instead of the 2500). Great setup, tough you might want to change cabs later on. The VX range is rather cheap and after a couple of years it shows. The amp has no faults whatsoever.
I played almost every genre with it so it's pretty versatile.
I'd prefer the head/cab setup and not the combo. The two sepparatly are heavy as it is, so I wouldn't like to haul the combo around from gig to gig.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
I like hartke amps, ashdown are my favourites but hartke are my no.1 cab choice. I prefer the paper cones to the aluminium ones but the paper ones seem to be really unreliable so im stuck there. And head and cab is probably better, easier to transport
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
What's the main difference between aluminum cones and paper cones? Are the aluminums brighter?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by FunkMaster
To set everything straight: it HAS one tube... How do I know? I took a closer look inside my HA3500...
So I have the same setup (but the 3500 instead of the 2500). Great setup, tough you might want to change cabs later on. The VX range is rather cheap and after a couple of years it shows. The amp has no faults whatsoever.
I played almost every genre with it so it's pretty versatile.
I'd prefer the head/cab setup and not the combo. The two sepparatly are heavy as it is, so I wouldn't like to haul the combo around from gig to gig.

Yep, I agree with everything you said. I even have picture of the tube. Also, it's not so much the weight but the size that makes the amp annoying to lug around, a combo would only be worse.

I was in the same position a while ago, I bought a HA3500 and VX115 instead of the VX combo, and I don't regret it.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by thefitz
What's the main difference between aluminum cones and paper cones? Are the aluminums brighter?

Yeah to me they sound more tinny and i prefer the warmer sound of paper cones.
Quote by TGM
I was in the same position a while ago, I bought a HA3500 and VX115 instead of the VX combo, and I don't regret it.

What do you think of that cabinet because i want to get one and when i played through one it seemed great but i've heard loads of reliability issues about the paper coned cabs?
Quote by Bumper

I haven't had any reliability issues with paper cones. It's starting to wear out, but it's been over 3 years of intensive gigging... So I wouldn't worry about that.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Quote by FunkMaster
I haven't had any reliability issues with paper cones. It's starting to wear out, but it's been over 3 years of intensive gigging... So I wouldn't worry about that.

Ok thanks, that's definitely going to be my cab then
Quote by Bumper

Just call Lary Hartke, I don't have my Bass player magazine with me, but I'm sure someone could spot the number for me. I don't know exactly about that specific amp, but I do play through a Hartke at school. And it is very, very, very reliable. And I don't repeat myself three times.
if it has a tube, shouldnt have a standby switch though? and it says it has bass and treble controls (rotary), i dont see any, the only ones are contour, vol., compression and preamp (a and b) (tube + solid state)

hartke confuses me
The contour are treble and bass well at kleast they say on them.
contour is treble and bass to get a rough shape of the sound. the graphic EQ is for finetuning.
Quote by John Swift