Poll Options
View poll results: Egyptian gods Vs Greek Gods
Egyptian
59 36%
Greek
103 64%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
If there was a battle between the Egyptian and the Greek Gods whos side would you be on and why.

This argument began when my mate said that the Egyptian gods were the best and i argued with him that the greeks were better. he believes that anubis was the ultimate god and i challenged him with zeus. he then went on to name heaps of god which i fought with the titans. so yeah. if a battle were to begin between the two powers whos side would u be on.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
Egyptian gods ftw.

Just because I enjoy listening to Nile.
Egyptian gods were more serious and disciplined. Greek gods just slept around with everyone, got into relationship fights and bitch-slapped each other like in a cheap sit-com.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
chuck norris pwns them all, except for troy garland.
Quote by Mad Marius
Egyptian gods were more serious and disciplined. Greek gods just slept around with everyone, got into relationship fights and bitch-slapped each other like in a cheap sit-com.

+1

Plus Egyptian gods had animal heads! How cool is that?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I probably prefer greek gods, but I agree with what Mad Marius said.
Egyptian gods seem crueler. And Anubis is pretty sweet.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
but lets not forget about the titans. they were some powerful fellas.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Quote by Angels Fighter
If there was a battle between the Egyptian and the Greek Gods whos side would you be on and why.

This argument began when my mate said that the Egyptian gods were the best and i argued with him that the greeks were better. he believes that anubis was the ultimate god and i challenged him with zeus. he then went on to name heaps of god which i fought with the titans. so yeah. if a battle were to begin between the two powers whos side would u be on.

I think you and your friend are gay..

FTW Greek.
Quote by Mattalac
I think you and your friend are gay..

wat. me and my mate were bored at work.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Quote by Angels Fighter
but lets not forget about the titans. they were some powerful fellas.

Although, the Greek gods did pwn them
Quote by Angels Fighter
wat. me and my mate were bored at work.

I'm jokin' babe.
The Titans were the parents of the Gods. But there was an uprising of the Greek Gods led by Zeus. But anyways, I think that it would be a draw simply because they are all invincible in ancient mythology.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by Aaron-Maiden
Just play Age of Mythology and figure it out for yourself.

oh i have. i luved it. but it was a little to easy. but yeah i was reading about geek mythology earlier to day.i just find it so interesting. but for the sake of the arguement lets say the titans and the greek gods were working together.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

Quote by Dunjma

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Visit my friends Site
Greek gods, of course. I don't know much about egyptian gods but I've never heard of any special powers they possess and they just seem so stupid, with the cat and hawk heads and stuff..
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I would seriously become a hooker just to own one of these.

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
Greeks FTW.

The Egyptians used to melt wax over their heads.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and what that thing about the crook and the flail?

Bo Peep BDSM?
Titans FTW! i voted Greek gods because i know nothing of Egyptian gods I'd like to learn though i will do some research when i get back
Egyptians. Just look at Ammut. She had a crocodile's head, a lion's mane, the front part of a leopard and the back of a hippopotamus.
Since the Greeks conquered Egypt, it stands to reason that they had the stronger gods, right?

Besides, the Greek gods are all outfitted for war. The Egyptians have no war gods at all, whereas Ares, Zeus, Athena, and Hermes are all, to some extent, war deities, and Apollo, Artemis, Hades, and Poseidon are all armed as well. I think it's a rout.
Death to Ovation haters!
I say Norse Gods ftw. Odin would chop off their heads.
Last edited by 13579ed at Mar 20, 2007,
Nobody should dare mention the roman gods.. they just took the Greek and the Egyptian ones and threw them all together and made some random changes and called them their Gods. Wankers.

But yeah, I like the Greek a little bit better. The Egyptian gods never stuck out that much to me, and I always had trouble differentiating the different ones as a result. The Greek gods are much more characteristic.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Norse gods are the most chaotic
Egyptian gods are pretty wasome and have lots of sneeky powers alot of people dont know about
Greek gods are always drunk
Roman gods were pretty awsome
Aztek gods were the coolest, i mean nobody could stand up to snarling maniacs.

though i'll have to go Egypt.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Mky
Egyptian gods ftw.

Just because I enjoy listening to Nile.
+1

what have the greek gods given us? NILE FTW
Quote by llama_guitarist
haha, 23 votes vs 23 votes. suspense!

llama_edit:
w00t 24 for Egypt!

27: Greek
Greek, mainly because I find them more interesting that the Egyptians. Plus the Greeks weren't bloody messes of different animal parts.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Egyptian mythology is heavy, man. I love it.

And no, I'm neither a Nile or extreme metal fan.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I'll put Giant Bolster into the fight, the greatest giant in all of Cornwall, 12 miles high he was but fell to a cruel trick by the woman he longed for.
Egyptian, although it'd be close.

Still, who would want to **** with jackleman Anubis?

And Thor doesn't count.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by 13579ed
I say Norse Gods ftw. Odin would chop off their heads.

Here's somethin that y'all may not know, the Norse Gods could get hurt and die. Read the book called "Mythology" written by Edith Hamilton.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
greek gods for sure
I mean the egyptians worshiped cats!!!
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Quote by Maverick64
Here's somethin that y'all may not know, the Norse Gods could get hurt and die. Read the book called "Mythology" written by Edith Hamilton.

Yup, they could...of course, as soon as they die they come back to life and kill some more.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Maverick64

Greek gods could be killed too, they just had eternal youth.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Page 1 of 2