Not sure if this should be in the vocal tips or not, if it is tell me and I'll get rid of it.

When I was recording vocals for the first time in a very very long time on Sunday, I found out that when I sing, I sound in tune in my head, but it turns out I'm actually singing much lower... I've tried singing higher, but it requires much concentration to keep going for a whole song because it sounds wrong in my head. Is there any way I can fix this? Some kind of ear training maybe?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
No, it's like that for everyone. The sound in your head will always be different from the one outside your head. Well for me at least since I have that same problem.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Epiphone Studio 10 amp
Line 6 PodXT - Should've got the PodXT live
Click for charity.
He's not talking about tone quality, he's talking about actual pitch. You probably are in tune, either an octave or a fifth lower, but usually some type of those two intervals. Ear training will help; and it's not a defect in your voice, it's just where you're at in your voice range and how you hear yourself against whatever you're singing to.

Ear training and voice lessons.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Thanks for the responses, the main problem was that I was recording vocals for a cover, and they sounded completely out of tune, which was a pain in the ass as I like to do a full cover rather than just an instrumental one.
Quote by fukyu1980
It's the same for evryone and you can't change it. Even if you are terrible at singing, inside your head you will always sound in tune and brilliant, it's not until you hear yourself recorded you realise.
Quote by Tenacious S
It's the same for evryone and you can't change it. Even if you are terrible at singing, inside your head you will always sound in tune and brilliant, it's not until you hear yourself recorded you realise.

Again, like Cor said, that is tonal and not to do with pitch.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I have to same problem when I'm imporving on the guitar, especailly during bends.
beucase I'm humming the scales and wha have ya.
Listening to myself on play back has help me a lot.
Last time I recorded vocals was around 2 or so years ago, could it be possible that my voice has simply broken/dropped more yet the voice in my head has remained the same?
Quote by fukyu1980