Hey, you guys have helped me before with trying to decide with an amp before and I couldn't make up my mind, but alot of helpful information was given. I just scraped up some more dough to buy an amp, after I spent about 1600 bucks on a Deluxe Strat (should of kept my les paul but in the end I'll want them both) and my Line 6 Spider 112 is really a piece of shit when it comes to, well, everything about it. I play only rock, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Jimi Hendrix, Eagles, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Steve Morse, things like that. I am trying to find an amp that has the means to play rock when you plug into it. I know everything leads to Marshall, but unfortunetly I was aiming for the DSL401 but just can't rack up 1.1k to go out and buy it. I'm trying to find something for a bit less (around $700) that I can get that still is made with that rock sound (probably would have tubes). The reason I liked Marshall is because it had everything I liked. Vintage knobs, flips, name, leather. It didn't worry about fancy effects just sound. Unforunetly the perfection comes with a hefty price >.<, so I'd like to ask you guys if you know of a around $700 valued amp that could give me that rock tone I'm looking for and maintains a vintage look.
can you go used?

then maybe

Marshall - JCM800, Plexi 1974x, Super Lead 100 SLPX
Vox - AC30
Orange - Rocker 30, Rockerverb

if you can try these out then go, this might suit you...

^^ can you find a rocker 30 for under $700?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Wow I've never hard of Carvin. They look like everything I'd want on the outside, but hows the tones? Im a huge marshall head and if it has that rock distortion and a good clean channel thats all I want :-p. Btw would it be worth getting another 300-400 dollars and buying a Marshall DSL401? I don't do concerts or am in a band, I'm just looking for a good amp for practicing, sound level isnt a real big factor since my family would probably bust my balls if I went too high lol. So I think I'll check out that Calvin, except I can't find it at any local store can I? And again do you guys think it would be worth waiting a little while and getting a DSL401 instead of something cheaper first? The only reviews I see for all the amps are for band gigs and playing metal -.-

When I was reviewing the carvin amp on the site it said the distortion would give a great "blues" tone. Sounds like a Fender DeVille?
Last edited by Hitmanblack at Mar 21, 2007,