What's your guys opinion on this amp? Good and bad? Do you know anywhere online I can get it for less than 400 bucks, that's as cheap as I've seen it. I'm prepared to pay the 400 if most of what I see about it continues to be good, im just wondering if there's anywhere I could get a better deal on it before I decide to buy it from any certain place. Thanks.
Do not get this amp. Most people (myself included) believe this is one of the worst amps out there. Go and get a Vox AD50VT. It is $350, has all of the effects that the spider has, and because it is hybrid, it can get louder than the 120 solid state Spider, and sounds better at high volumes. Another cool feature it has is the power knob on the back wich you can use to limit the wattage of your amp, so you can practice at reasonable volumes, and most important of all, it sounds better. Everyone who asks me how much I paid for it guesses I paid more than $500. If you do get it, take out the stock tube and put a Mesa in there, and bam, you have the best amp for you money ever. DO NOT GET THE SPIDER, YOU WILL END UP HATING IT.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
The only Spyder amp that should be bought is the 15 watt practice amp version.

I've had the "luxury" of cranking up one of the higher wattage versions (I think it was the 150) and I could almost hear the 1s and 0s it was so digital.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you want a half stack get the valvetronix ad100vth, it's great. Much better then the spider and I can assure you that it's way louder. And because it's hybrid it wont sound like shit when you turn it up.
Quote by SG Man Forever
Go and get a Vox AD50VT. It is $350, has all of the effects that the spider has, and because it is hybrid, it can get louder than the 120 solid state Spider, and sounds better at high volumes.

The Vox is a much better sounding amp, but it WILL NOT be louder than the 120W Spider. Even with that tube, it's still a solid state amp.

I'd advise you to look used. You could get a nice tube combo for $400. I frequently see Fender Hot Rods going for that. You could get an amp that would last you the rest of your life rather than one you'll wish you never bought within a month or so.

I don't know where you are in Virginia, but I know the DC area Craig's List is booming. Check it out.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
OK....heres the deal. The Vox and the spider are in the same class. So really its a matter of preference. No you should not crank ANY solid state amp. So the fact that it breaks up or sounds bad at high volume shouldnt be held against the spider, the Vox will too. I happen to think that the Spider III kicks the piss out of the sipder II in all categories and IS worth a look and a decent try. I havent had as much experience with the Vox but, I would prefer the Spider if its for metal. Neither are bad amps...just different and better suited for different things. Dont count out the Spider just bc everyone on here says "AHHH spider blows!! I'm an idiot who never even tried one! I just agree with everyone else to sound cool!" Fact is....not everyone who bashes it has ever even played one. Some have some havent....so dont be one of the people who havent. Also remember though....Line 6 (other than the Vetta) makes practice amps for the most part....PRACTICE AMPS. Not recording amps...and not giging amps. Get my point?
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
i have a line 6 spider III 75w and it's pretty good but every time i say this some one has to say that amp ****in sucks but i love it
Do. Not. Buy

like FacingUsAll said- what music do you play?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I had the Spider ll 212. After 2 months of un hapiness I sold it to some naive ebayer.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by Lordoflax
I had the Spider ll 212. After 2 months of un hapiness I sold it to some naive ebayer.

And bought an Orange Tiny Terror I see....wise man I'm hoping to try the Tiny Terror again soon
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Crimson_Eve
OK....heres the deal. The Vox and the spider are in the same class. So really its a matter of preference. No you should not crank ANY solid state amp. So the fact that it breaks up or sounds bad at high volume shouldnt be held against the spider, the Vox will too. I happen to think that the Spider III kicks the piss out of the sipder II in all categories and IS worth a look and a decent try. I havent had as much experience with the Vox but, I would prefer the Spider if its for metal. Neither are bad amps...just different and better suited for different things. Dont count out the Spider just bc everyone on here says "AHHH spider blows!! I'm an idiot who never even tried one! I just agree with everyone else to sound cool!" Fact is....not everyone who bashes it has ever even played one. Some have some havent....so dont be one of the people who havent. Also remember though....Line 6 (other than the Vetta) makes practice amps for the most part....PRACTICE AMPS. Not recording amps...and not giging amps. Get my point?

the spider and the Vox are not in the same class. Take the back off of a spider, and you will see nothing but a bunch of chips and wires, but take the back off of a Vox and you will see a 12ax7 in there. The spider is completely solid state, and sounds terrible loud. I have my vox cranked up pretty good almost all the time and it still sounds great, it can get loud, but because of the wattage adjustor, it can get quiet too when you want it. it is true that a lot of line 6 bashers have never tried the spider but say it sucks becuase others do, but if I hate something, there is a reason for it. i hate digitech because their effects sound fake, and I hate line 6 because their amps sound like crap.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
dont buy any spider. very digital sounding
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by man_po_po
i have a line 6 spider III 75w and it's pretty good but every time i say this some one has to say that amp ****in sucks but i love it

Man i have a spider 3 75 watt... i love mine. its just a bedroom practice amp. i love the versatillity and not havin all the damn chords and pedals layin around... half the people who knock spiders have never even heard one... keep that in mind... oh yeah. i also had a spider 2 15, then i went to a spider 2 30, now i have a spider 3 75. i kinda like em you could say.
awful.

like all spiders.

notice, all the '07'ers are like "OMGZzz ITS a GreAT AMPSZZ!" and all the elites are saying.

"no. its awful." not saying im an elite though.
Quote by PURPLEHELLMUTT
oh yeah. i also had a spider 2 15, then i went to a spider 2 30, now i have a spider 3 75. i kinda like em you could say.

Tough to argue with someone who's had such a vast array of experience.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
awful.

like all spiders.

notice, all the '07'ers are like "OMGZzz ITS a GreAT AMPSZZ!" and all the elites are saying.

"no. its awful." not saying im an elite though.

For sure, you are teh l33tz!!!

Spiders are arguably okay for bedroom practice, but there are nevertheless better sounding amps equally suited to bedroom practice that cost the same. And seriously, what kind of idiot company puts crap like a hidden noise gate and secret gain boost on an amp??? It's an amp, if I want hidden features I'll play a pissing video game.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Youtube it, it's bound to be there...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would hardly call it hidden....its in the friggin manual. Read a few sentences and the noise gate and gain boost suddenly become common knowledge.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die