Which is better, a Gibson SG or FLying V. Also what is the difference besides the paint job for faded and standard gibson guitars?
90% of the teen population listens to rap. If you're part of the 10% who listens to REAL music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Another question. What is the best amp that is 400$ or lower?
90% of the teen population listens to rap. If you're part of the 10% who listens to REAL music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Faded are standards artificially aged to look older.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Awesome! So basically I am saving $400 just for a paintjob!
well yeah plus there the cheapest gibson cool looking guitars lol yeah if your gunna be doing shows go for the v for shows and practice the esg v's are a pain in the neck and mess your tecnique up unless your standing
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
depends what you mean by hard rock

the main differences between Gibson SGs and Flying Vs are of a cosmetic and Comfort nature, they sound pretty similar really.
Quote by hardrockman101
Awesome! So basically I am saving $400 just for a paintjob!

Faded are generally cheaper than standards and specials.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
So maybe I should just get an SG. I am not going to be doing any shows yet. But the V is cooler and I think might be better for hard rock.
I wanna get a gibson because they are more proffesional even though im not that good yet (But i'm planning many months in advanced). Maybe I should just get a standard strat.
Quote by hardrockman101
I wanna get a gibson because they are more proffesional even though im not that good yet (But i'm planning many months in advanced). Maybe I should just get a standard strat.

They're are the business most associated with successful rock musicians but they are not the most professional. In fact, some enthusiasts suggest their quality control has gone down hill since their hayday.

Every brand is capable of supplying a professional level instrument.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Both will probably be good for hard rock if you mean AcDc and things like that. If the prices are the same, and im not sure that they are, then i'd go for the sg, you can gig with it, and sit with it, i have a V, you have no idea when people tell you that they are awkward just how much of a difference they make to your playing sat down.

and the strats are good, but unless you get a hss or hh, then they arent AS versatile for rock as the dual humbucker gibsons. still not bad though, and cheaper i believe.
I still like gibson's the most. I also like Fender's second most.
prices are the soame. Most people have a SG though. It would also be cool to learn music standing up.
Get an SG before you get a V. The SG is more versitile.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
don't knw what you mean when you say versatile
Oh nevermind I looked up verstile
both will be about the same quality, and probably about the same for what you want.

Schenker played a V, and if you listen to UFO (especially the Strangers in the Night live album) you'll hear a godly hard rock tone.

Basically, both will be good, go try them out and decide.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
I forgot who Schenker is.
Quote by hardrockman101
Another question. What is the best amp that is 400$ or lower?

What sound are you looking for in a amp? I would suggest the fender blues junior, since it's an actual tube amp with a smooth sound (harder stuff can be achieved with pedals).
If you want something a bit more powerful, check out the peavey windsor head, goes for $399 and spanks out some good tunes with a whopping 120 watts of tube power. You could also check out the peavey valveking 112 combo, it's 50 watt tube power so you know that you will get something serious out of it, though it runs for a bit over $400, but you could probably squeeze the price down to $400 by bargaining in guitarcenter.
I want an Amp that will sound nice for Rock Hard Rock and Metal