I might be acquiring a cabinet from a friend of mine (for services rendered, best way to pay for things IMO).

I don't have a head, and to be quite honest, I don't plan on putting money down on a new head at the moment.

I do have a Crate FXT65 that I know has an external speaker jack, and I'm wondering if I can use that in the meantime. What I want to know is, is there anything specific I need to be aware of before I just go ahead and plug the the cab into the Crate? Unfortunately, I don't have the specifics on the Crate at the moment, and all I currently know about the cab is the following:

4X12
400W
8 ohm

Can I pretty much use any cab with the Crate? Or are there very strict specifications I need to stick to to prevent either the Crate or the cab from "blowing up?"

Please don't respond with "OMG TEH AMP SUX!" or "BUY <insert model here>."
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
You just have to make sure that the ohms match up. I'm pretty sure if you have a 8 ohm or 16 ohm output on your crate you can just hook it up.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.