Voters: 143.
Page 1 of 2
I don't gig or plan to any time soon.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
i do acouple times a week
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
done a few with seperate bands, most ive played to is about 200
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Quote by CobenBlack
a couple of times a week? all respect, my band struggles for a show every season

Gese
it isn't too hard to get a gig around here (or so i hear). we have bands playing multiple times a week too.
well, i live in ocean city maryland, during the winter we might do one. but during the summer its almost non stop. As for your band, hope it gets better for u
Quote by nick dixon
Mine usally takes about 40-50mins. Just leave it while you do somthing else. What you choose to do in 40 minutes is completley up to you, but I usally carve small aniamls made from pieces of coal.

Whos takes 50minutes? seriously
fair enough, tbh, the reason my band doesn't get many gigs done is because we consistently switch members so only half of us know what song we play and how to play them. but it seems a lot all of the same, in a good way, i'd love to be able to drop out of my job knowing that i could gig as many days of the week as possible to support myself. i think being a pro wud be borin that way u kno, because u only gig like a short amount compared to non pro bands, lots more job security tho, and enuf muni to support ursel

thnks for the comment tho!
Are coffee shops and open mics considered gigs? I dunno, I always look at the term gigging and consider more of a multi-person/band sort of thing. I put "I don't yet but I'd like to" because I plan to start playing coffeehouses and open mics next year at college. All my stuff is solo acoustic, about a half and half mix of covers and originals. Hopefully by next year I'll be all original ..
Quote by MidnightSun
well, i live in ocean city maryland, during the winter we might do one. but during the summer its almost non stop. As for your band, hope it gets better for u

no shit? I live in Salisbury. Whats the name of your band?

Over the summer, my band played shows two or three times a month. Now its down to about once a month at max.
A coffee shop in my town has open mic once a week and i always play that, but ohter then that i have not yet scheduled a proper peformance/gig. Although i am going to do that in the coming months.
would love to play a gig
but round here getting a band is hard
let alone getting a guitar part in a band
sooooo many guitarist
no drummers, bassists
i whish i had taken one of them 2 up
I gig quite regularly, but its quite hard round here, I'm lucky to even be in a band, we're one of the few local bands who are serious, and who record stuff, but the scene here is shocking; a lot of people like the music, but just don't come to gigs. I don't know whether it's fear of getting hurt or whether they just can't be bothered, but I suppose it's their choice.
RULE BRITANNIA
I do some gigs every so often. There aren't many places to do it though that and the fact it's hard to get a band together most of the time. I do some local gigs, pubs etc. and some charity ones, for Red Nose Day and stuff like that.
Half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard.
My band will sometimes gig up to 6 times on a good week. It gets really tiring but, it is definitely worth it.
I've giged around 10 times. Not sure exactly, but it was mainly with a jazz band that got started at my school.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
I'd like to more often, once we got some solid material.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
long long ago in a galaxy far far away..................
I played in several bluegrass bands in the 70's and toured the east cost for a couple years playing festivals. it was death by slow starvation. lotta fun tho wouldnt do it again
biggest crowd about 20,000
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've played gigs before, but not like all the time.
E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
"I haven't gigged before but would like to"

I would have to lug my big kx1200 out of the basement studio and into my car as well as put a big pedal board and guitar in there...

just not my thing really although if I was given an offer to play at a party or something I might.
My band are currently in the "gig every now and then" category but we're looking to making it a more regular thing. Got one coming up on Friday as a matter of fact, a place called The Edge in Falkirk if anyone's interested.

\probably pointless self promotion
Used to gig every few weeks. Now I'm on co-op, and there's no music scene in my area, and my mates aren't close anymore, so I'm just messing around on my own for the time being. Kinda sucks.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I gig now and again. not regular.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
My band would be doing more gigs than we are now, but we're trying to record an album. But after thats done we'll hopefully be booked almost every day. That will be wonderful.
We're only strays.
Well I'm a bit out of gigs at the moment, but my band used to gig every week. We've had a small hiatus, but we're back gigging again now. First gig in a short while and it's all systems go from there. Hoping to keep up the 1 gig a week thing.

Most I've ever played to is around 800.
Oh yeah and the most I've played to was over 1000 people in a football stadium but that wasn't with my current band, it was with my friend's band. He was sick and I was filling in on drums for a tour.
We're only strays.
I gigged 11 times in '06

Pretty sad, Our drummer left us and we can't find one so I'm stuck w/o gigs for a while.

We played in front of 6500 people with my cousin (He's a fairly accomplished musician in this neck of the woods :p)
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
I've gigged once but am set to play twice in one day at this festival thing with my two bands. And we'll see where it goes from there...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Page 1 of 2