This is the first track I recorded over the last two days for a new project. This is a solo project with all instrumentation with the exception of the drums (via Reason) done by me. Any tips pointers would be much appreciated. CHeck it out at http://www.myspace.com/ericeidola

Be sure to leave your link so i can crit you back!
Thanks.
Last edited by rilejack88 at Mar 20, 2007,
Theres alot of noise going on in the background, very distracting. Some of the leads sound off a little bit, work on picking the leads cleanly. Or maybe the guitar was out of tune, im not sure. I really like the synth part, which program did you use for the synth? Could you pm me with some tips for adding synth?? Im clueless when it comes to this so any help would be appreciated. The techno part is pretty cool, if i was high i would be trippin pretty good lol. Are those your vox or are they samples? Pretty creative piece, i like the mingling of the g uitar and techno aspects near the beginning. Pretty good work, its not often i hear stuff like this so i cant offer any architechtural crit but it sounded pretty good to me. Good work
Quote by evr_openng_flwr
Theres alot of noise going on in the background, very distracting. Some of the leads sound off a little bit, work on picking the leads cleanly. Or maybe the guitar was out of tune, im not sure. I really like the synth part, which program did you use for the synth? Could you pm me with some tips for adding synth?? Im clueless when it comes to this so any help would be appreciated. The techno part is pretty cool, if i was high i would be trippin pretty good lol. Are those your vox or are they samples? Pretty creative piece, i like the mingling of the g uitar and techno aspects near the beginning. Pretty good work, its not often i hear stuff like this so i cant offer any architechtural crit but it sounded pretty good to me. Good work

hey thanks alot for the comment. the synth I was just running my keyboard through the computer on a synth-lead setting allowing me to get that sound. All of the vox are mine with the exception of the "oh yea! oh yea!" which is a sample. As for incorporating synth into your own work.... if you have a synthesizer/keyboard then just record that the same way you do your guitars/vocals etc. If your not one to play keyboard my best advice is to go through loops and samples. Personally I love Proppellerheads Reason- I use it primarily for it's drum machine since I play my own synth but theres tons of handy loops and synth leads on it that you can use. If you need to know anything else jsut ask me
Pretty decent creative man. If it was cleaned up a little bit, it wouldn't be half bad. 7.5/10. The spoken part is cheeesy, but that's cool, haha. Pretty cool mix.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
im a fan of the vocals, nice harmonies
sometimes the guitar part seems to be shredding just for the sake of shredding, without adding anything to the song
the spoken part is a little corner, and work on the transition into the next part
overall its very fresh and upbeat, im a fan
Ok, completly kill off the lead imo, I like your voice tho I think you could do more to make em fuller. Over-all pretty class, not too much techno around here so I think its decent!
Hey man,
Hate to do this, but mind giving me a crit in exchange for mine? Click my name in my sig. Thanks
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride