Page 1 of 2
i was at my local guitar shop the pther day and the Fender rep was there with this prototype guitar and there was a switch next to the knobs that when you hit it made ur guitar go to drop D then when u flip it back its perfectly back in E ......how many of you would Buy that???i thought it was pretty kickass......
Quote by FrettttBurner
i was at my local guitar shop the pther day and the Fender rep was there with this prototype guitar and there was a switch next to the knobs that when you hit it made ur guitar go to drop D then when u flip it back its perfectly back in E ......how many of you would Buy that???i thought it was pretty kickass......

Ibanez has had one of those for a while now. It's a novelty for lazy people.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Sounds cool, but maybe a little bit too gimmicky. Drop-tuning really isn't that difficult.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by FrettttBurner

kind of old news i knew this like 4 or 5 months ago. well i would'nt buy it to much stuff that can break.

/edit does that tuning work with a chip or does it turn the tuners? cus that would be sweet to just see it work!! i'd be switching all day just for the hell of it
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

What else did it have? I'm happy enough with my normal Tele..
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I wouldn't buy a whole guitar just for that one reason, just drop tuning it doesn't save much trouble anyway. But that's cool.
yeah that guitaris the VG Stratocaster... It's a pretty sweet guitar
it also has a knob that you can turn to acifferent guitar.. you have normal, american stratocaster, american telecaster, humbucker an acoustic

that knob withthe tuning also can be turned to make a 12 string guitar sound... yuo can fnid it at there website www.fender.com
Quote by lexaah

/edit does that tuning work with a chip or does it turn the tuners? cus that would be sweet to just see it work!! i'd be switching all day just for the hell of it

For a second I thought you were serious!

The VG strat probably wouldn't sound as good as an actual guitar in drop-d (although Roland are working on it), but it should make life easier.
They should make a symetrical one where you flick a switch and it becomes left handed.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
For floyd rose bridges, some company makes a little tab thing that you just stich in the bridge under the E string and it loosens the string to D. It was probably like 5 dollars. i saw it in a musicians friend catalouge. a little cheaper than a new strat i think. =]

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Those have been around ages.

g00n.

Also, there's a sort for Floyd Roses.

I'm not sure if it's just extra turning space on the tuner so you can get it into D easier, or an actual clicky thing like on the Fender / ibanez though.
Last edited by Dobzilla at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by GiantRaven
I'd love one if it wasn't a strat...

Strats > You
<Omri> I love trannys too..
its not the d-tuner. its a little knob that switches from standard to drop d to 12 string and some different tunings
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Dobzilla
Those have been around ages.

g00n.

from what people are saying i think it does it digitally rather than actually changing the string length
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
thats so pointless, anyone can just detune one string by one tone...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Drop D isnt too impressive but the ability to just drop to those other tunings is pretty sweet.
Quote by leaping badger
from what people are saying i think it does it digitally rather than actually changing the string length

Why pay more for something that does exactly the same thing..?
It would be nice if you could drop to open c, or open b, but obviously not.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
It would be nice if you could drop to open c, or open b, but obviously not.

Mate.

You don't need to drop tune to be heavy...
Quote by Dobzilla
Why pay more for something that does exactly the same thing..?

why pay anything when you can do it in a couple of seconds by ear/with tuner, it seems a bit daft to me, all of them, however it would be cool to have one that did drop d then another half step
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by leaping badger
why pay anything when you can do it in a couple of seconds by ear/with tuner, it seems a bit daft to me, all of them, however it would be cool to have one that did drop d then another half step

True dat.

Seriously though, if you guys can't drop down to D on a fixed bridge quickly, then you guys are total failures.

Dob-Edit: v lol yeah. I was like... "wait... dropping an octave down? ..."
Last edited by Dobzilla at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by Dobzilla
True dat.

Seriously though, if you guys can't drop down to D on a fixed bridge quickly, then you guys are total failures.

smooth edit
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by maXterbat0r
Isn`t that the VG strat?

yes it is, and it has another knob for different guitar tones (telecater, strat, acoustic and some other crap)

i'll be 10 times happier if they release an strat with the 50's specs, those where good guitars,
Quote by FrettttBurner

jack of all trades, master of none....

all i have to say about it.
Quote by Dobzilla
Mate.

You don't need to drop tune to be heavy...

Its not compulsory, but I like it. The strings are looser therefore more freedom, and the lower your artificial harmonics are, the better they will sound.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Its not compulsory, but I like it. The strings are looser therefore more freedom, and the lower your artificial harmonics are, the better they will sound.

lol.

Quote by darthbuttchin
jack of all trades, master of none....

all i have to say about it.

My sentiments exactly.
Quote by Dobzilla
lol.

My sentiments exactly.

you are amused?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I'm pretty sure when you want a 6 string and a 12 string to be within the same guitar this looks much more badass than this.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Dobzilla
I pity you.

that kid is sitting roght next to me.....we r in 9th period.....

Price anyone know??
i wouldnt buy that. it will probably end up being a whole crapload more expensive
how about..you flick a switch and money falls out.
Page 1 of 2