I'm not sure which kind of electric guitar I should get...
I'm between a Les Paul and a Fender Strat. I like to play pop rock and classic rock stuff mostly...
I've been playing an acoustic for 2 years and I really want an electric, does it really matter which one I pick? cause I'm leaning towards the gibson. And about how much should I be spending? 200-300?
Quote by shell1347
I'm not sure which kind of electric guitar I should get...
I'm between a Les Paul and a Fender Strat. I like to play pop rock and classic rock stuff mostly...
I've been playing an acoustic for 2 years and I really want an electric, does it really matter which one I pick? cause I'm leaning towards the gibson. And about how much should I be spending? 200-300?

I know it sounds mind bending. But go to the store and play them both. See what you like better.
Quote by thomasgrant
I know it sounds mind bending. But go to the store and play them both. See what you like better.

I agree with this member 100%
I think depends on your ability level how much you should spend.. but i dont think you will get a gibson for 300 lol.. i play a fender strat and love it so i would go for the strat
^agree, if you like zepplin,ac/dc,sabbath go with the les, if your into clapton,floyd, go with the strat, but just try them out, youll see what you like best, but you will spending alot more then 200-300 if you want a gibson or fender, i have a epiphone les paul, great guitar, great price
i recommend the fender standard strat. Its lighter, has a faster neck, wider tonal range and is overall a great guitar.
Trust me, you wont regret it!
Quote by metalman12
Im gonna upgrade to a marshall mg.

Anyone can be inspired
And practice all day
But its those that are
Inspired each and every day
That achieve success
Unfortunately my music store sucks and doesnt have either.
I've played a strat though
and I'm just making myself sound stupid... I'm good at that.
Get the one that you have the most knowledge of,and the one that you actually tried playing if your gonna buy online..
Though I am extremely biased towards Gibson, NEITHER IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER!!! They both have their strong points, but they are two different animals entirely.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Try a different music store - Trust me, you'll want to play both before you make a decision.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i prefer strats. that way you won't have hearing AND back problems when you're old.

and besides, everyone likes them.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by TeNaCiOusMaZ
but i dont think you will get a gibson for 300 lol.

Melody Maker for $349 is as close as you can get. But sadly I think he is calling an Epiphone a Gibson. Too much mislabeling on this board.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by tubab0y
i prefer strats. that way you won't have hearing AND back problems when you're old.

and besides, everyone likes them.

The guitar has nothing to do with hearing problems. As far as back problems, your back gets stronger after playing a LP for a while. The weight is really only a problem for a few days then you are adjusted. I don't see Slash, Zakk, Peter Frampton and the like using a back brace or doubled over while walking.