aye.. been messing about in all sort of genre's and bands for a long time now, but couldnt find people that wanted to go in the same direction really so i've decided to start persuing my acoustic solo shit.. and here it is.

www.myspace.com/lastknownadress

its just a straight up recording on a pretty standard computer mic so its not awesome quality but its not bad. Please do add my as a friend or post back you're thoughts here.

Cheers.
Jamie
Last edited by ifyouonlyknewme at Mar 21, 2007,
i like it...guitar sounds pretty nice, and you can definitely play
song structure is really great too, well thought out and played...
the only thing is the singing needs some work, pitchy in places, but its not bad at all
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Kinda cool man. If you work on just getting your general singing tone a little better on some songs, like Happysadsong, things might sound a little better. Sometimes your volume levels between the voice and guitar sound kinda funny. If this is the first stuff you've messed around recording, not too bad at all. Just keep working. Just don't force the vocals.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
aye the vocals are a bit messy in places i agree but i've had a respritory infection for what seems like forever, it doesnt so much mess my vocals up as limit the amount of times i can actually record it. So i'll need to re-record them when i'm a bit better but i got so sick of sitting about not playing.

As for the recording i cant tweak it cause its literally just a mike recording while i play and sing at the same time so i just try and place the mike where it picks up roughly the same volume from the guitar and myself.. old school

In anycase there's now another song up there, its my oldest one mithinks and its got some more of that minor guitar line type stuff in the bridge. I love that type of playing and it kreeps into my songs qite often but i've tried to put up a more varied collection of the type of stuff i write.

anyways cheers and keep the crits coming. if you post summit you want me to listen to i'll get on it as soon as my connection allows such witchcraft. (i.e. right now its slower than continental drift)

Jamie
just listened to 'rather be me.' sounds pretty good, although i think it would sound even better if the guitar part was played on piano instead (up until you start playing chords).

i really like the heavier strumming part. your voice sounds at its best in that part, but imo the "i don't give a flying ****" line really brings it down.

good job overall though.

thanks for the crit of mine btw.
Hate to do this, but mind giving me a crit in exchange for mine? Click my name in my sig. Thanks
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride