I'm wanting to get a nicer guitar (my first one, and still alive, B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze series )

Looking for something with a whammy bar, that has double locking tremelo *or any Floyd Rose/similar piece that wont go out of tune after using the whammy bar)

good electronics? looking to play a broad range, but mostly metal, would EMGs suffice?

type of wood? I honestly dont know how it affects playing, if anyone can fill me in I would much appreciate it

any particular strings I should be getting? I've been using Ernie Ball, dont know if there is any better for not going out of tune/lasting longer

probably looking around a grande in price

any suggestions on these and/or on a guitar fitting these specs?

much appreciated
ibanez is always a good choice. washburn too.

and strings aren't a big deal.

and you don't need EMGs for metal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
ibanez is always a good choice. washburn too.

and strings aren't a big deal.

and you don't need EMGs for metal.

how about jacksons?

is there a pickup that is ideal for metal, or one good for any style played?

a friend sent me a link to this guitar (i tend to have a fetish for guitars that have evil curves)
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=6&TempID=7&STRID=131537&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=4&SearchPhrase=moser&Contains=%2Amoser%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

thoughts?
so you want a guitar with a floyd, for mostly metal... and you have a grand, is this a grand in GBP or a grand in USD? as tubaboy said take a look at ibanez, esp (probably LTD more than ESP) and higher end jackson. just go into your local guitar store and play everything you can within your price range and get what feels best to you really. also either take your amp with you or play through the same amp as the one you have at the store - you won't get a good idea of what your 'new' guitar will sound like if you have an MG and the store guy puts you through a dual rectifier.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
so you want a guitar with a floyd, for mostly metal... and you have a grand, is this a grand in GBP or a grand in USD? as tubaboy said take a look at ibanez, esp (probably LTD more than ESP) and higher end jackson. just go into your local guitar store and play everything you can within your price range and get what feels best to you really. also either take your amp with you or play through the same amp as the one you have at the store - you won't get a good idea of what your 'new' guitar will sound like if you have an MG and the store guy puts you through a dual rectifier.

it is a grand in USD
is there a downside to ordering from an online store (other than not being able to play it until it arrives?)
Quote by samsara
how about jacksons?

is there a pickup that is ideal for metal, or one good for any style played?

a friend sent me a link to this guitar (i tend to have a fetish for guitars that have evil curves)
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=6&TempID=7&STRID=131537&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=4&SearchPhrase=moser&Contains=%2Amoser%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

thoughts?

The guitarist in Goatwhore had that same guitar (body at least) when I saw them...

Back on topic... there a quite a few guitars in your price range with those specs. Try to get to a Guitar Center, or similar place, and check out guitars you like.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy