Well, it's used in most marshalls cabs, so I think it's a good speaker. But I want to know how it sounds, is it more midrange, with a good balance between bass and trebel, or is it more speed metal, or more modern Slipknot/Korn metal.
The reason I ask is because I want a good balance, I own a peavey windsor, which is like a pevified Marshall JCM800, and I need a good speaker to go with it. I want a 2x12 cab, that way I can have a not-loud-enough cab, which I will have to crank, and get that natural power tube distortion.
I play pop-punk in my band, and like that sound for both my rhythm parts and my solos. So, will I get a nice even sound from it?
If not what should I go with? I am looking for the balanced sound like Fall Out Boy, Academy is..., Houstin Calls, SR-71, etc. Any help would be apperciated.
i'm not fussed on the 75, I don't really like it.

Your major problem with such a highly rated amp and a 2x12 is that you really cut down your speaker options- things like greenbacks and g12h30's are out the window.

I'm not too well up on speakers to be honest. Vintage 30's are pretty decent for an all-round tone, but can sound a little modern and clinical for vintage stuff (i'm not too well up on the bands you listed either, unfortunately). they're also very loud.

Eminence and Weber would be worth a look too- best bet is to email eminence, celestion and weber with pretty much what your thread is here, and ask them what they recommend. Eminence are extremely quick to reply, and the others aren't too bad either.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ again, you could email avatar to ask their advice too.

Might as well send the same email to all of them (avatar, celestion, eminence and weber). Advantage of the internet, no-one knows who you are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
75s have have a smooth and fat midrange which should work well with your taste in music. They also work well in combos/1x12/2x12 cabs.