is it normal to subconsciously not use your pinky as much??

i kinda sprained mine a little, does that matter?
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I call my penis 'Dr Danger'

Quote by mattyp90
A Chuck Norris roundhouse kick ... to the face, naturally.

If you've Noticed this Notice you will Notice that this Notice is not worth Noticing.
Yeah, as it's your weakest finger, you'll find you self finding ways to avoid it. My suggestion is to NOT avoid it. Your pinkey can make you a much better guitarist.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
I have broken seven fingers in total. Three of which are on my left hand. So it doesnt really matter what injuries they may have had. As long as you practice to use the pinky, over time it will become stronger and more efficient.
Quote by YourMessiah666
I have broken seven fingers in total. Three of which are on my left hand. So it doesnt really matter what injuries they may have had. As long as you practice to use the pinky, over time it will become stronger and more efficient.

what the hell are you talking about? that has nothing to do with what he asked.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
yea just practice alot with it, i broke mine and it healed wrong but i can use it just as good as i could before i broke it cause i practiced
lol oops. my bad.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
when i started bass, i HAD to use mine. i now use it a lot more in regular guitar too...if that helps
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ive never had a probablem using mine from the beginning. I guess i got lucky in that sense. but to make up for it my ring finger used to suck balls.
Just make sure that when you use it, you use it to fret, not to pluck.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
My very first lesson my instructor gave me the penatonic scale to practice just so I would learn to use my pinky. It is very important... Don't practice what you can do practice what you can't... ie. your pinky.