Hey im planning on buying a Line 6 spider 3 150w amp for practice, Jamming, and small gigs do u think it will suit, i need something that can give me tonnes of different tonnes so i dont need 2 buy pedals. And will this amp suit for Metal.

And before any of u say y u getting line 6 they suck get a marshall or peavey or something. I live In U.A.E we dont get marshall, gibson, ephiphone dealers here soo ye it kinda sucks.

Any line 6 users out ther tell me wats the best part bout the amp??

Cheers aj
There's nothing wrong with Line 6... And yes,you can play Metal on this amp.Actually,I think that the best style to play on the Spider is Metal. I would say go for it (I'm saving some money to get one myself too,since I like it so much everytime I use it from a friend)
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Spider won't give you tone- it will only give you noise.

What amps ARE available in U.A.E (and where is that?)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well at least its a spider III. Miles ahead of II. I'd say stick with it for practice. But don't try to gig with it.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
Dont let people tell you "you wont get tone" and blah blah blah. Heres the best advice I can give you. The spider III is miles ahead of the II like flyingwhitey182 said. It will sound alright at low volumes...no its not a Marshall or anything but you dont need a Marshall. If you do end up giging with it, I hope you have a PA because your best bet is to keep the thing at a "low" volume and mic it. I say "low" because the 150 watts should give you a fair amount of headroom. So it wont be quiet by any standard. You just wanna keep it low enough so it doesnt break up. For the money your getting a decent bang for your buck. Truth be told, its the best thing you can do right now for the cash. But hey....I have seen people playing live on $2000 dollar amps and sound like total shit. So yeah...mic it up for shows and you'll be alright. Just keep in mind that this should be an amp to get you through until you can afford/find something better.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Last edited by Crimson_Eve at Mar 20, 2007,
a) Spider III is just the II with a few more features
b) 150 watts is serious overkill, you only need 60 for a small - medium sized gig
c) The spider sucks
d) For the price of the thing you could get much better
e) Music123 will ship world wide
Ok....60 watts of tube maybe. But 60 watts of solid state isnt enough for a gig. Plus the extra 150 watts will give you more head room before the amp breaks up. And its not just the II with more features...the III will sound better.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Quote by Yngwi3
Spider won't give you tone- it will only give you noise.

What amps ARE available in U.A.E (and where is that?)

United Arab Emerites or something is what came to my mind.
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Ok....60 watts of tube maybe. But 60 watts of solid state isnt enough for a gig. Plus the extra 150 watts will give you more head room before the amp breaks up. And its not just the II with more features...the III will sound better.

Not true, ive gigged with my 50 watt Vox. Pwnt.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Did you mic it? Because if you didnt I am really doubting how much a "gig" it really was. And if you did then you really dont have a point...because I said you would have to mic it. If you mic 15 watts is gigable....not smart but gigable. But if you wanna over power a drummer without a PA good luck with 50 watts of solid state. Of course even if you had that 50 watt SS cranked I'm sure people would appreciate having the drummer over power it considering it probably sounded like crap after all the breaking up it did. So blow your "pwnt" out your ass... oh and congrats...you sucessfully added nothing useful to this thread.

Bottom line TS...you'll be fine with the 150 watt Spider III...but you would do well to have a PA where ever your jammin with a drummer to prevent a broken up, over powered tone.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Im thinking of getting the 150 as well. Im in Iraq right now, so i havent been able to try one. But im intrigued by all the different sounds it comes equipped with. When you guys say it cuts out at high volume, how high does it take to start cutting out. Right now, i live in an apartment, so im not looking to go nuts. I do plan on eventually jamming with some people, but im nit planning on playing no major shows or anything. what else can you say about this amp?
Its not that it cuts out....the sound breaks up. I never played the 150 version so I wouldnt be able to tell you. But back when I was young and stupid I bought a Spider II 75 watt. It was enough to jam with but in retrospect I do remember some break up happening. Really you do have to go try one for yourself though. When you get back from Iraq it wont be hard to find one.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die