I have recently been customizing my old squire strat by taking out the old pickups and knobs, and insted fitting it with one volume knob and one bridge humbucker. But i have a problem because I brought a "GFS "vintage split" bridge humbucker" but i have no idea where the wires go. i have been trying to follow the diagram on this site:

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/product/WDUH0101

But I dont know which colour wire is the North-start or any of that, and on all the sites I have looked at to try and find the right colours for the wires, when I wire it up it ether does nothing or just makes alot of white noise.

Does any one know the right colours or know of a good site that can tell me?
http://store.guitarfetish.com/vispgohuclfe.html

"As with all GFS high end pickups it's packaged with all installation parts and complete wiring instructions."

Do you have thew wiring instructions?

If not, send an e-mail to info@guitarfetish.com and ask them.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
yes, i have found them, but what the have writen on them is how I have it wired at the moment, and it doesnt work at all.
oh no, i see i have the black and green wire the wrong way round, thanx I'll re-wire it and see how well it works then.
ok i've changed the wires around and wired it exactly as it has done on the diagram but i'm still getting alot of white noise and I can only here my guitar very faintly.

does anyone know or have any idea what i could be doing wrong?
Is the bridge grounded?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

yes, at first i thourght that was the problem, but it is some thing to do with the volume knob because when i change the volume the crackling gets worse.
It's a grounding problem, or it's a bad pot.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Try to wire the pup directly to the output jack and see if it's any better. If that works, replace your vol pot.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
So you have 5 wires right? green, black, white and red wired together, and bare. I think you just wire bare and black to ground, and green to output, because the other wires are for coil split. Otherwise it has to be a bad pot or grounding i would have thought.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Last edited by Pete Griffin at Mar 20, 2007,
ok i'll check my grounding because i'm not to great at soldering so i probably just dident connect someting or it has come lose, thanks for you replys.