well like the title says- i have no clue whether they are the same things or two different sayings that mean differntly.

can anybody explain?
Quote by jozef the great
well like the title says- i have no clue whether they are the same things or two different sayings that mean differntly.

can anybody explain?

They are the same, except "Pwned" is a typo error. Much the same as "The" or "teh"
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
There's a slight difference.

|
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

theres a slight difference depending on the context your using and i take s practice to get it right.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
I thought pwned meant 'perfectly owned' /noob.

Oh well, I never really think about which i say.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
you guys are n00bs

owned is like...well...ownage..you see it in my sig lol

powned/pwn'd/pwn't for short is pure ownage
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

to sig, or not to sig?
n00b language takes practice to get right

originally as far as i understand, pwned was just used because it was tyhe same as owned in meaning, but since p and o reside beside each other, pwned was sometimes typed instead of owned, and it stuck as a further advancement of 'owned'

owned was then shortened to ownd, and so pwned was also adapted.

they originally meant the same, but forum users tend to use pwned as a greater strength of superiority than ownd.
Quote by rorythefaggot
I don't think there's much I love more than cock. If I was going to make a top 10 things I love, cock would be pretty high

okay
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
pwned is more 1337. You could go a step further and say 'pwnt' which actually shares only two letters with the original word.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
or you could just avoid both phrases all together and just shoot the bastards in the face instead of blabbering about it.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Yes, pwned is just a typo of owned which became a new word. They generally mean the same thing, but some people believe pwning to be even better than owning.

Personally, I stopped using either phrase when I hit 15.
Owned is like for people who think they are cool and can do what they want and want to live in anrachy, they dont usually know what they are doing with thier lives.

Pwned is for more mature internet users, who understand the fundementals behind forum chat.
Just think of it as geometry. All squares are rectangles, but all rectangles are not squares. If one is pwned, then one is owned, but I personally believe that one can be owned, but that does not necessarily mean that one is pwned or pwnt.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

You crazy / Manuel from Fawlty Towers

I believe they are the same but I didn't know pwned should be pronounced owned. I always pronounced it poned or phoned.