This is probably my first attempt at death metal. It's not intended to be like black metal or anything, but please tell me what you think. Also, i dont know why, i just can't seem to be able to put a decent solo in there somewhere, so help would be much appreciated

Edit: Added some small changes
Edit: as for now, don't use the MIDI its messed
Attachments:
Death Metal.zip
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 25, 2007,
I love it!
Wonderful synths man. The drumming is pretty damn good too.
You must have put a lot of time and effort into this piece, and it shows
Thanks for the crits, I actually just put this together today

Edit: About the bells...they were kind of meant to theme the song a little bit, as you can see in the extended intro of the updated version.
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 20, 2007,
Sounded really good. Pre-verse doesn't sound much Death metal. Those keybords things were awesome I hope if you add more riffs to this.
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
I like the main theme of it! It sounds almost like the soundtrack to the final battle in a Final Fantasy game, esspecially the keyboards. Very Final Fantasy-ey definately, but I'd maybe change the drums as they seem a bit...impossible to replicate and the bass drum is a bit annoying

7.5/10
So, Thoughts as I'm listening

Not exactly death metal. More like melodic. Sounds just like something out of final fantasy but that is nothing to be ashamed of. I don't really like the parts in the verse where the organ is alone. I like the bell but not so much in the verse.

Other than that it was pretty good.
Thanks for all the crits guys...If somebody could help me with a solo thogh that would be much appreciated
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 21, 2007,
I really like this song BUT i wouldnt necessarily call it death metal as such-it reminded me more of Children Of Bodom if anything, especially that intro riff. The preverse to me could use perhaps a little work, change a few chords around and such. The lead into bar 49 was good, nice little headbangy bit there. The one thing i would say about it is the bells-they were nice and atmospheric in the intro but lost some of their impact from being used all the way through the song. Maybe a good solo too-cant go wrong with a well played lead, especially in this type of music.

i'll give what you have an 8/10, 9 with a solo and maybe fewer bells.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549994
8/10, I love it. Veyr Bodom-ey. I would call it metlodic, not tech. I think. But amazing, the pre verse riff is great.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
this my friend is not death metal on any level. its just melodic and kinda fast. its pretty simple and pretty repetitive but the riffs are good and nothing sounds out of whack. pretty good
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Not much like death metal at all like someone before me said it is much more like melodic metal in flamesy i guess, I didnt like the bells or the choir ahhs at all they overpowerd the song. They might work as a build up but not through out the whole song

Overall its good its not death metal but it is good 7/10

Crit Mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547123
Pretty sick theme here haha.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Was it just me or did the midi have really long gaps in with nothing in it? Hmm, not sure if I like it...
woah the MIDI is only parts of the first guitar track. wow how did that happen? well as for now the MIDI isnt something to listen to but ill fix it.