Poll: What is your favorite drink in a coffee shop/cafe?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your favorite drink in a coffee shop/cafe?
lattes in all of their glory
5 8%
mochas!! woo hoo!!
9 15%
cappuccinos...foam rules!
11 18%
a caramel macchiato
6 10%
plain coffee...or maybe a depth charge
5 8%
straight up espresso!! fifteen shots!!!!
5 8%
a frappuccino because they taste effing awesome
11 18%
a nice tea
4 7%
anything iced, screw weather
3 5%
americano/breve/au lait, or an equally unpopular drink
2 3%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
this is the thread concerning all things coffee/espresso. if you're not in tune with the espresso culture, then here is a list of definitions. if you don't know what to pick, just read through them all and rejoice! yay, caffeine..

Americano: shots of espresso in boiling water.

Breve: a latte made with half and half

Cafe au Lait: half coffee, half steamed milk. can be foamy.

Caffe Latte: shots of espresso with steamed milk, topped with foam; or traditionally one part espresso, one part milk, and one part foam
variations:
flat latte: a latte without foam
foamy latte: a wet cappuccino

Caffe Mocha: shots of espresso, a shot of chocolate, steamed milk, topped with whipped cream (if wanted)

Cappuccino: shots of espresso, half steamed milk, half foam. traditionally one part espresso, two parts foam.
variations:
dry cappuccino: shots of espresso filled completely with foam
wet cappuccino: mostly milk (equivalent to a foamy latte)

Caramel Macchiato: vanilla syrup, a cup filled with steamed milk and foam with ristretto shots poured through the foam and drizzled with caramel sauce

Depth Charge: also known as a red eye, a cup of coffee with shots of espresso in it (double depth charge, triple depth charge...etc..)

Doppio/Solo: a double or single shot of espresso

Doppio/Solo con Panna: a double or single shot of espresso topped with whipped cream

Doppio/Solo Macchiato: a double of single shot of espresso "marked" with a dollop of foam.

Flavored Latte/Mocha/Cappuccino: a latte or cappuccino flavored with a syrup (almond, caramel, hazelnut, Irish cream, vanilla, peppermint...etc.)

Frappuccino: if you don't know what this is, you're probably the coolest person on the planet

Iced Latte/Mocha/Cappuccino/Caramel Macchiato/etc..: the process of adding ice to an espresso drink. with caramel macchiatos and cappuccinos, espresso is floated on top of the ice. it looks really cool

Lungo: a long pull of espresso (really watery)

Ristretto: a shot pull of espresso, used in making drinks such as Caramel Macchiatos and Frappuccinos. really, really strong and awesome...

Tea: any tea (black, green, white), herbal infusion, or rooibus tea.

yeah....

EDIT: for Chai Teas/Lattes, just pick tea. same with tea lattes (most annoying drink EVER)
Last edited by MakinLattes at Mar 20, 2007,
Spiced Ginger Latte. Such a christmasy drink. Sort of like a hot chocolate coffee.
To me tea is just hot water.
White Chocolate Mocha from Caffe Nero, with an extra shot and whipped cream.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
ya so what does this have to do with a guitar website?
Gear-

Tone-Lok CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo

Tone-Lok DS7 Distortion

Tone-Lok SM7 Smash Box

WD7 Weeping Demon

Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack

Squier Stratocaster
Quote by jaymrock741

how do you think I afford my gear? the money I make by steadily addicting the children of this world to caffeine!! muahahaah!! ahhaha...ha..yeah..
Quote by jaymrock741

Welcome to The Pit. You won't live through it

Black coffee or espresso. I only occasionally have a cappuccino but nothing else.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Plain coffee, black. No cream, sugar, or any other such bullshit.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Straight up espresso. Not 15 shots, but maybe a double. I love my espresso. I have a Pavoni Europiccola.
O forse un espresso corretto.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Last edited by acdc101 at Mar 20, 2007,
did someone say... Tea?
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
caramel macchiato, or an iced americano
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I work at a 5-star Italian restaurant, and when I work behind the bar I get to make all sorts of fun espresso drinks. Therefore, I'm in love with latte macchiatos both in caramel and mocha, though I get a hazelnut latte now and again, and sometimes I just do straight up shots of espresso... Seems like everyone on staff wants me to make them an iced mocha latte, so occasionally I have one of those.

My least favorite thing that anyone ever orders is a "nienta," or "why bother," which is a decaf cappuccino with skim milk. I'm not sure why I even make those. I also despise when some redneck comes in and orders a John Wayne, like I have all the time in the world. A John Wayne is two flavor shots, two portions of half and half, and two portions of espresso on top. It's layered, so it basically is a huge pain to make.

Although if I could eat or drink anything coffee-oriented, I'd have to get some tiramisu or maybe some affogatto (vanilla gelato drowned in espresso). Since I'm a hardcore addict to the Coca-Cola, espresso is like crack to me. When I drink it, I move at light speed.
i like myself a nice tasty mocha frappachino with lots of whipped cream on the top
Triple espresso shot mocha with cinnamon sprinkles on top of the whipped cream.

Or, straight up coffee with lots of cream, no sugar.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
coffe = life. I LOVE cappucinos and basically any coffee of any sort. Ya know what's really good? Espresso with heavy cream instead of milk. Makes it all creamy and delicious.
it's taken me a while to narrow it down, but I've finally decided on my favorite drinks.

1. quad ristretto iced small hazelnut vanilla soy latte.
2. double ristretto dry cappuccino
3. iced caramel au lait
Brew a shot of strong Cafe Bustelo espresso. Into it, mix 2 shots of ice water. Put three, four or 5 of those together and down it.

We drink it at work. It's called Rocket Fuel.
Quote by ldl67

now is not the time to laugh at extremely old jokes. this is about coffee, my passion! my life force! my DESTINY!!!
Mocha for me, I get one every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
You don't even work at Pete's anymore...

but anything, honestly. Coffee in general.
Spastic Ink
Caramel mochi..mocha..mochaita..whatever it is. Ftw.

I would say just 15 shots of espresso because that's what I normally have though. This is such an even vote it's hard to pick a winner. Go coffees!
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by MakinLattes
now is not the time to laugh at extremely old jokes. this is about coffee, my passion! my life force! my DESTINY!!!

you should thank me for bringing it up from the dead.
sup?
I like them all, but my favorite is a mocha, usually with one or two extra shots of espresso. I had an exemplary iced latte about a week ago at a rather famous Nashville coffeehouse called Bongo Java. It was so smooth.
Quote by Schmietty
You don't even work at Pete's anymore...

but anything, honestly. Coffee in general.

*Peet's.

cracka, I have an interview tomorrow at noon. my pretty hair will woo the manager.

did I forget to add cubanos?
I voted mocha. Chocolate and coffee, my two favourite drinks in one? who can resist!

And makinglattes, don't kill me, but I'm still not really sure what a latte is

Milky coffee, right?
Quote by MakinLattes
*Peet's.

cracka, I have an interview tomorrow at noon. my pretty hair will woo the manager.

did I forget to add cubanos?

Fooool, I thought that was for Mitchells Ice Cream.

Youre one confusing UGer.
Spastic Ink
As a person from Northern Ireland I feel it is my patriotic duty to choose tea as the option.

In all honesty the types of coffee are above my head and havent had any except cappucino and vanilla cappucino. I'd like to get to know types of coffee better though at some stage in life during which I need little sleep. It'll probabl become a hobby during junior doctor years doing nights or 24 hour shifts in hospitals.
Crack is the my favorite coffee
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
ANY COFFEE RULES!

I love iced cappuccinos!

Mocha is good too

(puts the kettle on)

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Cappucino, definitely. My parents are getting me an espresso machine before I go to college next year
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
The Icey Choco Frappachinos or what-ever-there-called that Costa Coffee make. Del-fucking-licious
Page 1 of 2