Anyone hear that they are going to make new 7 wonders of the world? I heard it today in school. You can vote for the new ones, sounds pretty crazy.
Yeah, seems pretty fucking ridiculous to me. The wonders are "wonders" because they either seem improbable for their time or are of unknown origins or somehow of wonderous design. Things like the Effiel tower aren't "wonders;" they may be impressive, but we know exactly how they were designed and built. Same goes for any other modern man-made structure on the list. It's silly.
Hi, I'm Peter
There was a thread on this ages ago, I remember a beif discussion about it. The Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty were options, I believe.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
ya, Egypt got pretty pissed off because they think there might be a chance the pyramids might not win. Which I think is silly the pryamids are the only standing member of the old seven wonders.
Quote by diminishedtobme
ya, Egypt got pretty pissed off because they think there might be a chance the pyramids might not win. Which I think is silly the pryamids are the only standing member of the old seven wonders.

You'd figure they'd get grandfathered in.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
lets make UG one.

just a suggestion.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
why dont they use people?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by diminishedtobme
I thought the Great Wall of China was still standing and a wonder...

That really seems like a crock of ass.
How about Paris Hilton's cooch? It can hold like ten people in it lol.
Quote by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Now how should i dispose of the poo stick?
Quote by maXterbat0r
I thought the Great Wall of China was still standing and a wonder...

That really seems like a crock of ass.

Nah, I think the original 7 Wonders of the World was something like the Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza, the Colossus of Rhodes, Mausoleum of Halicarnassuss, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, the lighthouse at Alexandria, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and... One more I can't remember. (Was the Greeks who made the first list, so naturally they chose all their stuff with a few extras to fill the gaps)
Quote by Woo!Yay!
The Internet is one too...

I read the book in your avatar for my art As coursework. Damn good story.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Here are my seven wonders in no particular order:

Telecaster
SG
LP
ES-335
EDS-1275
Any Schecter
Fat Strat
Quote by Korzack
Nah, I think the original 7 Wonders of the World was something like the Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza, the Colossus of Rhodes, Mausoleum of Halicarnassuss, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, the lighthouse at Alexandria, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and... One more I can't remember. (Was the Greeks who made the first list, so naturally they chose all their stuff with a few extras to fill the gaps)

The temple of Aretemis and Ephesus was the last one.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I read the book in your avatar for my art As coursework. Damn good story.

It's an album cover...
Good question - Maybe it's a case of wanting to draft a newer list because as it's been said, of the 7 in the old list, only the Pyramids and the Sphinx are still standing, & even those aren't exactly in mint condition any more. Closest thing we could have to a modern Wonder?...Err... I dunno, the big ol' Cathedral in Barcelona that's still not complete?
Quote by Woo!Yay!
It's an album cover...

wtf are j00 on?

its about a kid who sells his dad for fish
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Korzack
Closest thing we could have to a modern Wonder?...Err... I dunno, the big ol' Cathedral in Barcelona that's still not complete?

that would be the Sagrada Familia, and it's not a bad suggestion
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
they announced some in 2000:

Number Wonder Location
1 Potala Palace Lhasa, Tibet, China
2 Old City of Jerusalem Israel
3 Polar ice caps Polar regions
4 Northwestern Hawaiian Islands National Monument Hawaii, United States
5 Internet N/A
6 Mayan ruins Yucatán Peninsula, Mesoamerica
7 Great Migration of Serengeti and Masai Mara Kenya and Tanzania
8 Grand Canyon (viewer-chosen "eighth wonder") Arizona, United States

oh and the wall of China is seen as a wonder of the middles age
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
...Am I the only one who finds that lot confusing? E.g. with the Great Wall - Especially considering I do believe it was built before even the fall of Rome, never mind the time of the middle ages. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
In fairness, they shouldn't try & mix natural and man-made wonders - Fine, things like the Canyon & the ice caps do count, just... Have separate lists, as you can't exactly compare, say old Jerusalem with the Internet in terms of rankings, can you?
Quote by Korzack
...Am I the only one who finds that lot confusing? E.g. with the Great Wall - Especially considering I do believe it was built before even the fall of Rome, never mind the time of the middle ages. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
In fairness, they shouldn't try & mix natural and man-made wonders - Fine, things like the Canyon & the ice caps do count, just... Have separate lists, as you can't exactly compare, say old Jerusalem with the Internet in terms of rankings, can you?

+1
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

i think the internet should definatley get in there, cause its is a wonder in itself, i mean just think about it, its pretty much an invisble thing that links everybody, there is no center, there is no end, and its all man made
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.