Page 1 of 2
So... I'm dating with my girlfriend for 5 months... And she asked me to have sex with her.... but the problem is that i'm catholic, and i just can have sex with her when i'm married... so i ask you, am i beeing dumb for not having sex with her because of my religion?

Please be honest

P.S. i'm 19 and i'm virgin
No. If that's what you believe. However, it does seem that your belief isn't that strong...
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Well, that depends. Do you really give a damn about your religion? Do you truly follow it, or are you just forced to by your parents? If you don't really follow it, then take the sex.

I think you're dumb, but my opinion doesn't really count, 'cause I'm not catholic.
The fact that you are even questioning this means that you should have sex with her. You obviously want to. Perhaps you should examine your faith, maybe you aren't such a Catholic after all.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Consider. What Would Jesus Do? It is almost certain that the Lord would have screwed her. Look what happened with Mary Magdelene
if you catholic then just let the priest absolve you
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
If I was in your position, I would do it, but only as long as I really loved her.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You aren't dumb. But you are missing out. If you're catholic just because you were brought up that way, then I'd suggest skipping out on the whole religion scene. It only gets in the way. There are alot of things that cause problems, and war. Religion is one of them. Feminism is another. And so is Hitler.
Don't be catholic. Be yourself.
You could just **** her, then ask god for forgivness.
I'm not in a religion so i dont know how those kinda things work.
Haha..Your not dumb if you are following your beliefs..but if you really want to do it..then do it...Im a christian and I know that Jesus died on the cross so I could be forgiven for my sins..so..just pray for forgiveness right afterwords..haha
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

It's very possible that you'll regret having sex before marriage, but highly unlikely you'll regret waiting. That's how I think of it.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
No religion should tell you who you can and can't have sex with and when, thats your own personal business. Go for it, use a damn condom.
I think that the question that you should be asking id how strong is your faith. I mean, I'm not a Christian, so I don't really care (I mean that in the best possible way!), but you seem unsure of it.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
No religion should tell you who you can and can't have sex with and when, thats your own personal business. Go for it, use a damn condom.

thats breaking two catholic rules
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I would say your dumb your gr wants to have sex with you your a idiot if you dont but on the religion thing i say religion is stupid mostly and if you follow any religion really seriously thats stupid (im loosley a satanist but i dont like some of the rules and shit so i dont follow them.
Are you dumb or are you just happy?

I think if that's your religion then you should stick to it...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by YourMessiah666
You could just **** her, then ask god for forgivness.
I'm not in a religion so i dont know how those kinda things work.

Basically, you can do whatever the hell you want, repent for your sins right before you die, and still call yourself a follower and find yourself in Heaven. Because God is just that forgiving. Its not that he doesn't exist or anything, it's because he's just a straight up nice guy.
Your not dumb or anything, it's your belief/religion.

But the fact your asking others for advice is making me think your not that religious afterall cause you wouldn't question the problem if your faith was that strong.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Well, look at it this way. How many other things have you done that aren't in line with your religion? Not judging you, but I bet a lot. Probably stuff that is a lot worse than having sex with someone you care about. If you have NEVER done anything that goes against your religion before then no your no stupid for not bending now.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
if you believe it really strongly, hold to your beliefs

wait. catholics dont like premartial sex?

aww shit im a catholic too. since when did we decide this?
Dude, Jesus was with a hooker. How is being a christian keeping you from having sex?!

I heard some priest found the eleventh commandment in his attic, it said "Thou shalt enjoy Sex".
SEX IS SEX, if your married or not, before or after, as long as you love someone, it makes it ok, (age old excuse), but its true
well my faith is strong, but all of my friends say that i'm dumb.. because she's hot... =/
she says that it's ok to not having sex...
^^Pics or it didn't happen
Quote by Metal claw
Some men choose to build rocket ships and explore outer space. We on the other hand, choose to explore the full potential of our genitals.

Quote by Diet_coke_head
The same way that Jesus knows you play with yourself at night.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
no your not dumb.

Your avatar made me lol.

Not very much. But still. A lol is a lol.
Quote by rabidguitarist
thats breaking two catholic rules

I obviously don't care
God screwed people all the time. Who did Mary think she was fooling? Immaculate conception my ass (or more likely her ass).

I'm Catholic too btw.
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Well this is always a tricky question. Those that do have faith in a religion cannot see from the point of view of someone without, and vice versa. So you're never going to get eye-to-eye answers here.

Personally I'm not religious, so I can't really put myself in your shoes. But it sounds to me like you don't have the strongest faith in the world.
You should really ask yourself some questions, if you are just a Catholic because thats how you were brought up and have never questioned any of it... then I'd ask you to have a look at it from an objective point of view and question it. If you are a Catholic because it's 100% your choice and not your parents, then you should stick with your beliefs.
Don't pay mind to your friends, then. If you and she are okay with it, then stick with your faith.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by ultimate-me
well my faith is strong, but all of my friends say that i'm dumb.. because she's hot... =/
she says that it's ok to not having sex...

if anyone in any relationship says its ok not to have sex it must be the guy and hes gotta love the girl a lot screw her
No

EDIT: Also, there is a good chance that a lot of people saying YOU'RE MISSING OUT! and GO FOR IT! never had sex before either.
Last edited by Doofag at Mar 20, 2007,
I'd say wait, but that's because I'm a Christian so I've got the same rules as you as far as sex goes. All I can really say is do what you think is right.

edit:
Quote by Allnightmask22
Don't pay mind to your friends, then. If you and she are okay with it, then stick with your faith.

+1
Quote by 420 FREAK
I would say your dumb your gr wants to have sex with you your a idiot if you dont but on the religion thing i say religion is stupid mostly and if you follow any religion really seriously thats stupid (im loosley a satanist but i dont like some of the rules and shit so i dont follow them.

That was the worst punctuated peice of literature i have ever seen on this site! And this is UG! At least put in random exclamation marks like me!
You could just do it and go to confession after. Its written in the bible that you MUST be forgiven if you repent.

I dont personally believe in any religion though. I'm Catholic, but in a relaxed Irish way.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Don't do anything you think you might regret

EDIT:^ I was thinking confession too.. I didn't want to say though.. surely its kinda cheating...
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Tooth Fairy at Mar 20, 2007,
Page 1 of 2