Anyone got some simple projects i could do w/ stuff i have laying around (speakers, a single coil pickup, wood, etc). I just wanna get started on a simple project that could benifit my guitar. Doesnt have to be a project involving electronics but it could be. Any ideas?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Piezo pickup under the bridge!

Is your guitar electric?
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
I've been thinking about modding one of my guitars to have the optional dampener next to the bridge like the fender jaguars (dunno if they still make them with the dampeners), you could probably do that with cheap stuff around the house.
POST FINDER
Quote by m_hedborg
Piezo pickup under the bridge!

Is your guitar electric?

I have 3 electrics and 2 acoustics. I have been wondering about putting a pickup in one of the acoustics. Would the single coil i have work and what else would it take to get it up and running?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^If the guitar you are planning to put it on is a steel string-guitar, then yes it would work. You wouln't need much. There is two things you HAVE to have, and that is:
A pickup (done)
A output jack.

With that setup, just wire your pickup signal to the tip of the jack and the ground to the sleeve. With this diagram your volume and tone will be at 10 at all times. Of course you are able to add vol/tone pots.

here's a thread where a dude puts a single coil on his acoustic.

But i recomend you to make piezo instead, because this will pickup a "truer" acoustic sound. Do you know anything about piezos, how they look/work etc?
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.