Alright, I want an amp around 120 watts, no less than 100. I've heard the crate fxt 120 amp and line 6 spider 3 120 amps suck at high volumes or are too digital. What amp should i get around the same wattage/price as these amps? I want something good. Something I can do small to medium gigs with as well as practice. Any reccomendations will be appreciated. I play mostly Metal and Pop Punk rock.
Do you want solid state or tube? If you'd like to go tube (a good idea, seeing as they almost always sound better), I'd suggest lowering your wattage. A 15 or 30 watt tube combo is no more than you'd need for practice and medium gigs. Even then, it could be too much without an attenuator.
Last edited by cokeisbetter at Mar 20, 2007,
I'm sticking with what I said in your other thread.

Buy yourself a used tube combo. Something in the 40W range will sound as loud as a 100W SS amp, only with significantly better tone. Try eBay, Craig's List.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ya, why do you need all this wattage??

for the price of a SS half stack you could get a 50w tube combo that would be more than loud enough for all your gig, and any gig of large size would mic you amp [half stack or not] anyway

anyone here will tell you, the sound of a tube combo is preferred over a SS half stack.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.