is there any possible way i can uninstall and reinstall limewire without losing all my songs?
Quote by MightyAl
You could try "Since evryone on the UG forum insits on 'pics or it didn't happen', does that mean I'm a virgin as long as I don't tape it?"
i dont know how but when i uninstalled limewire and i reinstalled it the songs i had downloaded were still on my computer
Quote by cappucino108
uhm, i copy the songs i download from the limewire file to my own file, that works for my, havent lost my songs @ all.
where is this so called 'shared' folder
Quote by MightyAl
You could try "Since evryone on the UG forum insits on 'pics or it didn't happen', does that mean I'm a virgin as long as I don't tape it?"
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\**YOURNAME**\Shared

All of your music should be there. You can copy it to another folder if you wish to be played by another music player. I don't know why no one realizes this, but you don't HAVE to use limewire to play your music. You could use MediaPlayer, Winamp, or even iTunes if you wanted to.

If you'd like to have limewire change where it saves your music go to Tools -> Options and make sure "Saving" is selected from the list on the right. There you can change where it puts anything you download.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
got it. thx for the help guys
Quote by MightyAl
My songs were in a folder called 'Limewire>Shared' in my music folder, so check around if you can't find it. but if you uninstall it, the files will remain there, so don't worry about losing them.

Now... switch to torrents!
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Now... switch to torrents!

why use limewire in the first place? *shakes head*
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Dude, when I un-installed limewire, all my songs stayed there... They're probably in some hidden folder in my computer somewhere... BRB I'm gonna try find it. Okay I CBF but listen to the guy below =]
Just uninstall it. All the files will stay saved on your computer.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?