Page 1 of 2
Yeah, but only for people who watch it and want to discuss stuff they've seen.

Not cynical pricks who just want to jump on the MTV-bashing bandwagon. I get it, you hate it, you're too kvlt and br00tal to admit there could be anything mildly entertaining on there...

So yeah, I don't like the music, but some of the fakey shows are pretty entertaining. Especially the Real World and Real World/Road Rules Challenge. I'm looking forward to the Inferno II, and that Svetlana chick's hot
I can't stand any of their programming... But the girls on the Hills are kinda cute
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I like Super Sweet Sixteen. It's such a fun programme.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
the girls on the hills are hot..but their iq level is around 10. and that is being generous.
Quote by sars
the girls on the hills are hot..but their iq level is around 10. and that is being generous.

Right on.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Do they even play any music at all anymore? Even so, their viewer-base and stars strike me as the types that spell out 'WTF' and "OMG' in real life.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
thats funny coming from a guy with a Clash avarter, if you knew anything about punk you wouldn't be supporting MTV.

and finally, in the wise words of the Dead Kennedys:

"MTV GET OFF THE AIR!!!!"
MTV helped to ruin the music, I think.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Quote by perko
thats funny coming from a guy with a Clash avarter, if you knew anything about punk you wouldn't be supporting MTV.

and finally, in the wise words of the Dead Kennedys:

"MTV GET OFF THE AIR!!!!"

Funnily enough, MTV is pretty irrelevant when it comes to my musical taste. I like watching some of the shows, and I don't wanna bullshit and say I don't, cause some people don't think that's punk enough. So in the words of DK:

"Nazi Punks **** Off!"
Oh my god...MTV. The only "music channel" that practically shows no music. I mean come on!

Heres a list of the oh so profound shows I've seen being shown on "M"TV:
Date My Mom:That';s right, I said it, Date My mother****ing Mom.

NEXT:Not only is this a bad show, there's an inresasingly annoying female voice that announces BAD puns every 5 minutes.

Pimp My Ride: Okay, this show is pretty ok actually, but what's up with this "GAS" shit? What happened to West Coast Customs?

Exposed:Hmm, this is a totally original premise for a show...

Room Raiders:No...jsut no.

Then there are the oh so famous Real World, Laguna Beach, The Hills, top model bullshit that is taking american teenage girls by storm.
"Oh my god did you see Laguna last night? Chloe was all HEARFFAEG and Chad was all DSGSAGSG, and then, O MY GOSH, Veronica though Mike was going out with her but then Mike two timed her and went out with Diana!"

Yeah...I went there...

**** MTV.

Ok, and jsut so this isn't a completely bashful post..

Where'd The 70's House go? That was the best show to grace that channel in ages.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
^You just reminded me, I know this girl named Lauren, who's really pretty. So, instead of being like "Uh, um...hi....", I just go, real smooth-like, "Hey Lauren, didja catch the Real World last night? "

And she's like, "You watch that! Oh my gosh, let's talk about it..."

True story.
Quote by Siftings
^You just reminded me, I know this girl named Lauren, who's really pretty. So, instead of being like "Uh, um...hi....", I just go, real smooth-like, "Hey Lauren, didja catch the Real World last night? "

And she's like, "You watch that! Oh my gosh, let's talk about it..."

True story.

Yeah, watching MTV has its upside for sure
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Parental Control is absolutely hilarious because after every episode you absolutely loathe every single character and it can really be a good channel for your anger

yeah
Im watching True Life right now about some genious kid with no social skills and some chess champian.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm just waiting to see a Sweet Sixteen Episode where some guy gets a Frankenstein replica (The exact ones that sell for 30k) and Slash to perform.
Quote by BlackicN
I'm just waiting to see a Sweet Sixteen Episode where some guy gets a Frankenstein replica (The exact ones that sell for 30k) and Slash to perform.

There was an episode on pimp my ride, where some dude got an explorer( I think) and an amp in his car.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
I like True Life, Juvies, Made, The Real World and sometimes Sweet Sixteen. And it's sad to say but I think that some of the puns that girl makes on Next are quite humorous if I say so myself. So I basically like all the dating shows (Next, Exposed, Parental Contol, and Date My Mom is standable but I only watch it if there is like absolutly nothing on. And Barney is before Date My Mom on the list so when I say there had to be nothing on...I mean it.

I have no idea why I ranted so long. Sorry for the minute in your life you lost by reading my post.

-Combs-

Member of the No-Testicle Club! PM gangster-dolly to join!

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
I get the feeling some of the girls on My Sweet Sixteen aren't as bitchy as they come off. I mean, it seems kind of awkward and strained when they act bratty, like they're being told to do so -_-

Mind you, I only mean some. Like 2 or 3.
MTV blows. Sorry, but it does. There's a reason I don't watch it/listen to the radio. Its cause of the suckage.
I like Pimp My Ride and I guess Room Raiders is ok too. But I hate anything else on MTV. There's just too much hip hop on MTV these days.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Wildboyz, Jackass(if that still shows), Viva La Bam, Bam's unholy union, and that football show are the ones I like
is everyone forgetting about jackass?

or is everyone here to cool for it?

^ oh didn't see your response
I only find True Life, the Road Rule / Real World challanges, and sometime Room Raiders (though probably scripted, you'll never know) worth watching. Maybe My Sweet 16 too if I'm in a need to get really pissed off.

If only Jackass was still on (not the reruns).
I remember when I took jackass for granted and hardly ever watched it when it came on. I wish I could go back in time and punch my past self in the face
Quote by Siftings
Funnily enough, MTV is pretty irrelevant when it comes to my musical taste. I like watching some of the shows, and I don't wanna bullshit and say I don't, cause some people don't think that's punk enough. So in the words of DK:

"Nazi Punks **** Off!"

ok but still, how can you even bear to watch that channel. all the stuff thats pumped through MTV, whether punk, emo, rock, rap, RnB, or whatever, is watered down pop music thats been synthesized and polished till kingdom come in some fancy producer's studio. they throw in a bit of sexual innuendo for wider appeal, a fancy clip, and hey presto! another piece of shit song from MTV exactly the same as the, last irrespective of genre.

"Chickenshit Conformist" say the DK's.

(p.s. i didn't mean to flame, but MTV gives me the shits really bad. sorry!)
sometimes when i watch the shows i start laughing uncontrollably, but some shows are so bad its not funny
i watch some of the shows on MTV from time to time.

im not afraid to admit that.

some of them can be entertaining.

if anyone saw Pimp My Ride: International, that was awesome. i dont know how many theyve done, but ive only seen one. it has Little John, and he went to Sweden, and pimped these two black metal twins' car. it was amazingly funny.
Quote by Nelsean
Im watching True Life right now about some genious kid with no social skills and some chess champian.

that's the only show that's any good on there. all the other "reality" shows are scripted sh*t.

RHCPedit: jackass(reruns) as well as viva la bam are good occasionally.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by perko
ok but still, how can you even bear to watch that channel. all the stuff thats pumped through MTV, whether punk, emo, rock, rap, RnB, or whatever, is watered down pop music thats been synthesized and polished till kingdom come in some fancy producer's studio. they throw in a bit of sexual innuendo for wider appeal, a fancy clip, and hey presto! another piece of shit song from MTV exactly the same as the, last irrespective of genre.

"Chickenshit Conformist" say the DK's.

(p.s. i didn't mean to flame, but MTV gives me the shits really bad. sorry!)

True, sadly, for most of the music they play. But they hardly play music anymore, except really early in the morning and on TRL. Most of its just mindless "reality" shows...

ehh...Soup Is Good Food :/
MTV the channel or the network?

Doesn't the MTV network own Comedy Central?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I hate that football show.

That one show where people have to do singing, acting, and dancing can be pretty funny at times. The name escapes me though.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Siftings

Dunno why, just totally reminded me of it...

Anyway, please, shut the hell up. There is no "bandwagon" involved in bashing MTV. Unlike other things, there are tons perfectly legitimate reasons for hating anything and everything that is MTV. They've single-handedly destroyed music as we once knew it They show no music unless it's the wee hours of the morning, for fear of getting caught. All MTV does is appeal to the so called "majority" of high school morons by showing them hours upon hours of useless shit that they can all supposedly "relate" to. Yes, every kid gets a parade of Lipizzaner Stallions and a Mercedes for their 16th birthday. Oh, and to reply to the original idea of this thread, I can honestly say there is NOTHING on that channel I find even the slightest bit entertaining.
Page 1 of 2