I can play relatively complex leads but cannot do a galloping rhythym.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. It seems like my brain just cant feel the beat
-Ibanez SAS36FM
-B.C. Rich Warcock Platinum Edition (my first guitar, noob mistake)
-Roland Cube-30
just listen to:

Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
The Four Hoursmen - Metallica

..that should solve that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Try playing a triplet rythym slowly, and then every other beat add an extra stroke.. I don't know if I'm explaining that right, but it sounds somewhat good to me.
Are you practicing them SLOWLY? Also, are you using a DOWN-DOWN-UP picking motion to achieve the galloping sound?

You really need to build up the speed and stamina, but the actual rhythm of it shouldn't be too difficult.

As suggested, practice a song using this technique. Download a Guitar Pro file for the song and practice the rhythm very slowly... work it up and you'll get it.
Quote by Bob Sacamano
Are you practicing them SLOWLY? Also, are you using a DOWN-DOWN-UP picking motion to achieve the galloping sound?

You really need to build up the speed and stamina, but the actual rhythm of it shouldn't be too difficult.

As suggested, practice a song using this technique. Download a Guitar Pro file for the song and practice the rhythm very slowly... work it up and you'll get it.

I am not extremely fast at galloping (I play them comfortably around 130bpm) but

You're supposed to do songs like The Trooper going down-down-up?!
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
the best thing to do is start slow using a metrenome. a standard gallop consists of palmuted triplet notes that are picked using alternative picking (down, up, down). one thing to remember is that you should have an light accent on the downstrokes as to give it the gallop effect. also keep in mind that you should use your wrist for most (if not all) of your picking movement.

...i dunno if that made any sense but good luck
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
man i had that problem too, somethings i always hear like it doesnt sound the same or something clogging up my ears and brains function to hear if im doing it right or not lol. Best ones to learn gallops is Disposable Heroes and The Four Horsemen by Metallica. Disposable Heroes took me ages to get the right rythm pattern down same with TFH....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by shredhead22
the best thing to do is start slow using a metrenome. a standard gallop consists of palmuted triplet notes that are picked using alternative picking (down, up, down). one thing to remember is that you should have an light accent on the downstrokes as to give it the gallop effect. also keep in mind that you should use your wrist for most (if not all) of your picking movement.

...i dunno if that made any sense but good luck

^ yea pretty much just go down up down, try using a metranome, that might help aswell, and leave small spaces between every 3 notes u hit, i mean like dont keep hitting 3 notes non stop, theres very breif i dont want to say stops, but i dont pauses well its hard to explain try like , down up down (pause) down up down (pause) down up down (pause) ect.... maybe that can help
Why ME?!?!!
yup like these guys said, down-up-down, down-up-down, down-up-down.

You can try the alternate picking method too, but thats somewhat a lil more trickier, and the sound you get is a tad different.

Go slow at first, once you get the hang of it, its easy to go fast
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers