I'm sick of the digital, transistor-driven amps that sound more than anything else like a cheap synth that Moog would beat in his sleap. I'm sick of all of'em!! Please don't buy these things and try some tube-the real deal-amps a.k.a TONE heaven. Don't let the merchandise gimmicks saduse you. No matter what effests you have, if you don't have TONE you don't have nothing. How many times have you tried to improvise and because of the headaqueing tone just moved away to play THAT riff and THAT solo from your favourite artist? And guess what. Your tone didn't improved, instead your mind is hearing half your actuall playing and have the record in your memory. These "amps" KILL improvising and thus inspiration to create your own guitar music. The things get even worse if you, as I in the past , have the mentality to use the tubes in the gig and the transistor amp for practise, cause this is suicide for your overall ability as a guitarist. If you practice on a trans.-amp then forget about confidence and authority in your playing.
Please don't sell your guitarist's soul to the devil by dismissing the tubes, c'mon I don't want to hear about it beeing expensive, vulnerable or the lack of versatility( c'mon a bitch is versatile, can take as many as four c****S but would you mary her?)
for the sake of the music LET THE TUBES ROAR
Which tube amp do you recommend? I'm looking to upgrade from my solid state in the future.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
What if you dont like tube amps?
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Guess what: life isn't easy, and tube amps aren't cheap. So, all of us commoners will have to get by with SS's.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by NaivexLi
What if you dont like tube amps?
Or can't afford them?

And I can get a perfectly good tone out of a solid state, thank you very much.
Ok.. Pointless read..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by jmag
Guess what: life isn't easy, and tube amps aren't cheap. So, all of us commoners will have to get by with SS's.

And I cry myself to sleep every night thinking of you unfortunate souls.
Hi, I'm Peter
*Reported*
Don't call women "bitches".

Solid state amps do have their advantages. Their clean tone which doesn't break up is something people want.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Blergh, statement threads are no fun.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.