I plan on spending only $400 on an amp. I just want the best quality out there for my budget. I like Rock/Metal and plan on getting a Gibson V or SG with this
90% of the teen population listens to rap. If you're part of the 10% who listens to REAL music, copy and paste this into your sig.
And yes, the guitar is part of my budget. Plus it is faded.
90% of the teen population listens to rap. If you're part of the 10% who listens to REAL music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Quote by alreadygone
roland cube. period.

Not answering TS question but how do you like the 30X? I am saving up for a Cube 30X and heard alot of good things from reviews.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
a gibson AND an amp for $400? where are you planning to shop for this?
Gear:
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru series
Jackson DXMGT
Ovation Celebrity acoustic
Yamaha acoustic
Roland Cube 15
Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MG412
Boss MT-2
DD-5
CE-5
TU-2
CS-3
Quote by a_dogg26
a gibson AND an amp for $400? where are you planning to shop for this?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If you can get a Gibson for under $400, I wanna know where you shop!

Anyway, two words: PAWN SHOP.

Don't be too proud.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
No, LOL, I mean a budget of a thousand and the gibson im getting is a flying V faded.
Gibson Faded Flying V (Hope it will be a good guitar) 600 bucks + plus awesome amp 400 bucks or less= Budget
Randall 75G3 is an awesome amp. Has great distortion and plenty of power for whatever. Or if you would like to go into a more diverse mode, try the Roland Cube or Vox AD series.
make the guitar $400 and the amp $600. amp should generally be better than the guitar. maybe a b52 at112 and a fender standard hss strat.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
how am i supposed to get a 400$ flying v faded
Go into guitar center and tell them you want a faded V and *insert whichever amp you like best after trying a bunch here* and you that have 1000 dollars in cash. You'll probably be able to buy what would normally be a $600 amp and $600 guitar which would expand your amp possibilities into some decent tube amps or nicer SS.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I heard the faded line is not the greatest. I would suggest going with a different guitar, but that's just me.

The guitars sound comes from the amp, the guitar is just the feel mostly. For the amp, I say put at 600$.
roland cube or peavey valveking
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
I agree. The Peavey Valveking series are awesome. I played on the Valveking 212 and it's brilliant for just about every sort of guitar style imaginable.

Also, if you're thinking about a Rock/Metal amp, check out some of the Crate Amps. The GTX and GLX series are nice sounding and pretty functional. You can get a 100watt 212 GLX for about £200-£250... which is about $400-$500.
Quote by alreadygone
roland cube. period.

i agree
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
although im not a fan of flying V's i have one. it sounds great but hard to hold other idk i like les pauls and sg's
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
lol amp is depending on what sound you want.

you could get a small tube amp ^^.
i mean, itll sound better it just wont go as loud so youll have to use mics. well, good gigs have mics all over the place ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by wonder725
Windsor combo.

I agree, if (big if, lol) the combo sounds as good as the head does. If not, I vote for the head. and find an old beat-up cab somewhere for cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I want an amp that will do rock, hard rock, and metal
Randall. Vox can get close, but Randall is made for metal. The Cubes are awesome as well, but if you want to play live, or just be loud as shit, look into the Randall RG100g3. It is a 1x12 so carrying it around will be the same as a Cube. The clean on these new Randalls are relatively good, but you not buying it for the clean, are you....?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Heck no i am buying all for metal. Soft Rock = Not my thing
Yeah, for sure. And if not the Randall, try looking for any used Ampeg solid state amp. Back in the 80's they made the best metal amps in the world let alone they were solid state. A few to look for are Ampeg VH140c, SS140, or any thing like it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
About Roland. If I want to do metal do you think I should use the Roland Cube 60 Guitar Amp?