ok so lemme explain, i have my bass tuned standard at the moment. its liek so 5th 4th 3rd and 2nd ( i never use the high string anyways).
question being, i was thinkin about tuning it to C (down 2 steps). but would the slack make it sound crappy?

EDIT: anyways, for the sake of not starting a new thread to ask this. Whats the difference between regular pickups and soap bar pickups?
Last edited by paranoid joker at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by paranoid joker
ok so lemme explain, i have my bass tuned standard at the moment. its liek so 5th 4th 3rd and 2nd ( i never use the high string anyways).
question being, i was thinkin about tuning it to C (down 2 steps). but would the slack make it sound crappy?

Wait, 5th 4th 3rd 2nd as in, you have it tuned to BEAD right now?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Then what do you mean, tune down to C? You're already tuned to B, just hit first fret on the lowest string, and voila, low C!

Quote by paranoid joker

EDIT: anyways, for the sake of not starting a new thread to ask this. Whats the difference between regular pickups and soap bar pickups?

Soapbar pickups are really just describing the shape of the pickup casing (it kind of looks like a soap bar, funnily enough). Under the casing could be a single coil, humbucker, who knows.

Example:

or

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Mar 20, 2007,
If you have it tuned to B standard at the moment, then tuning it up to C will make the strings slightly tighter.
I normally use heavier gauge strings for drop tunings but I'm slightly unsure as you've got yours tuned in a strange way to begin with
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!