Page 1 of 4
I'm sure most of you know about the tragic genocide going on in Darfur, and there are many who think that the USA should step in and take military actions to stop it. I think something needs to be done, but I don't think we should invade. We don't need another Iraq. I think if military action is taken, another country should take the lead.

what about you?
we probably should, but i really don't think we need to go to every country that has a cnflict... we have enough on our hands as it is.... this is a big conflict

by the way, take it to the political thread
Is there any oil in Darfur?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB

That would be relevant if the Iraq War were actually for oil.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Why would it matter that it be another country instead of the US?

Help is help.
Quote by JamieB

Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
we are too occupied in Iraq killing them arabs to help africans didn't you already know that we can only kill one race at a time
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by Spamwise
I'm sure most of you know about the tragic genocide going on in Darfur

Have you ever been to the Pit before...?

And i think the UN should go in, if anyone.
Quote by JamieB

1, not funny
2, we're in enough trouble from the whole Iraq thing, we need to get out of Iraq and have some peace & quiet before we go and 'step in' anywere else. so if you want goahead and send england and france in and have fun, the US needs some rest
Quote by KO guitarist
1, not funny
2, we're in enough trouble from the whole Iraq thing, we need to get out of Iraq and have some peace & quiet before we go and 'step in' anywere else. so if you want goahead and send england and france in and have fun, the US needs some rest

1. Yes, it was.

2. I agree.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Quote by Ach-med
we are too occupied in Iraq killing them arabs to help africans didn't you already know that we can only kill one race at a time
Unless we split the country in half again, that seemed to work last time.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Somebody needs too. What's to say that we don't end up with another holocause on our hands.
We should have just listened to George Washington IMO. Do not interfere with foreign problems. Not an exact qoute, but pretty much the same meaning.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I don't know the figures as far as the death toll goes in Darfur, nor do I know enough about how strong the "government" of Darfur is. I do know that there are at least 18 other 3rd world countries with dictators committing similar (if not worse) crimes. Right now I think we first need to get out of Iraq before we go try to "liberate" another country. Our troops can only be spread so thin. If another country went into Darfur that isn't involved in Iraq I would be very pleased, but right now it seems that the US is the only nation trying to take matters into their (our) own hands and try to interfere in other countries. I believe that the people of Darfur need help, but right now I dont believe we have enough forces to help them.

EDIT - I do realize that even though Sudan's Darfur region isn't the only bad thing going on right now, it probably is the worst.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Last edited by mercedesisbenz at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by Ach-med

You do you that Sudan is a country at war because of Arabs right?

And you do also know that the Sudan goverment have refused the UN permission to step in because it's a civil war?
Last edited by Alix_D at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by mr.joopy987
If it is truly a genocide, than the U.N. are obligated to intervene.
If the UN hasn't done anything for the 400,000 already massacred, I don't think they plan to anytime soon.
Quote by mr.joopy987
If it is truly a genocide, than the U.N. are obligated to intervene.

The UN isn't calling it a genocide because if they did, they would have to intervene. The UN doesn't care about those people. I don't think the UN has fought a war since Korea.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
The U.N. shouldn't need to help as an organization. I think that with the way things are going in Iraq, the world needs to put more attention to Sudan. They can be helped, and people can be saved, but the U.S. is too worried about their public image to do the right thing. The Iraq war is a lost cause now, it isn't going to get any better any time soon, and we're still fighting an invisible force. In Sudan at least we would know there is already a conflict that needs to be solved and that there actually IS a problem, instead of blindly invading a country for our administrations personal satisfaction of finishing daddy's war.
What, we need to go help more people and have them be completely ungrateful? Look how happy the Somalians were with our help. They'll take everything we give them, then spit in our faces and tell the rest of the world how much they hate us.

I'm tired of helping everyone else and getting it thrown back in our faces. Funny how the rest of the world shit talks us, then does nothing but bitch about us when we do help.

'We hate you and your foreign policy, but we love your money and aid!'
Quote by FEDS-91
What, we need to go help more people and have them be completely ungrateful? Look how happy the Somalians were with our help. They'll take everything we give them, then spit in our faces and tell the rest of the world how much they hate us.

I'm tired of helping everyone else and getting it thrown back in our faces. Funny how the rest of the world shit talks us, then does nothing but bitch about us when we do help.

'We hate you and your foreign policy, but we love your money and aid!'

We shouldn't be doing it just to get a "Thank You." Even if they act like they don't act like they appreciate it, we're still saving lives. An ego boost shouldn't be our reason to intervene.
I didn't say we needed an ego boost. These countries DON'T WANT US THERE. So, let them work it out themselves.
The reason they don't want the US there is because they don't do anything to help, just flex their military muscles and blow the shit out of everything.
im not even american and i agree with this :\
these idiots started their own problems so let them solve them
the middle east hasnt had peace since before the crusades
you think the crazy ****ers are gonna have peace now?
not likely.
Quote by Alix_D
The reason they don't want the US there is because they don't do anything to help, just flex their military muscles and blow the shit out of everything.

Wrong. Guess being out of touch isn't restricted to people in this country. Nice generalization regarding something you know nothing about.

The race card is an appeal to emotion. This is why we're killing them...

Insurgents in Iraq detonated an explosives-rigged vehicle with two children in the back seat after US soldiers let it through a Baghdad checkpoint over the weekend, a senior US military official said Tuesday.
The vehicle was stopped at the checkpoint but was allowed through when soldiers saw the children in the back, said Major General Michael Barbero of the Pentagon's Joint Staff.

"Children in the back seat lowered suspicion. We let it move through. They parked the vehicle, and the adults ran out and detonated it with the children in the back," Barbero said.

The general said it was the first time he had seen a report of insurgents using children in suicide bombings. But he said Al-Qaeda in Iraq is changing tactics in response to the tighter controls around the city.

A US defense official said the incident occurred on Sunday in Baghdad's Adhamiyah district, a mixed neighborhood adjacent to Sadr City, which is predominantly Shiite.

After going through the checkpoint, the vehicle parked next to a market across the street from a school, said the official, who asked not to be identified.

"And the two adults were seen to get out of the vehicle, and run from the vehicle, and then followed by the detonation of the vehicle," the official said.

"It killed the two children inside as well as three other civilians in the vicinity. So, a total of five killed, seven injured," the official said.

Officials here said they did not know who the children were or their relationship to the two adults who fled the scene. They had no information about their ages or genders.

"The brutality and the ruthlessness of this enemy hasn't changed," said Barbero, deputy director of regional operations of the Joint Staff. "They are just interested in slaughtering Iraqi civilians, to be very honest."

It has nothing to do with race.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I say intervene, who cares about a nations rights to bar intervention, we have a moral obligation to stop the Darfur genocide.
Quote by sars
im not even american and i agree with this :\
these idiots started their own problems so let them solve them
the middle east hasnt had peace since before the crusades
you think the crazy ****ers are gonna have peace now?
not likely.

Darfur is in Sudan, which is in Africa. Think again.

How can you be so blunt to say that the people of Darfur don't want us there? They're being systematically slaughtered by a corrupt administration. There is no reason for us to sit by and watch when we have an opportunity to save lives.
Pfft, stupid americans. They have made Iraq a worse place to live... sure, go ahead and invade the next country.
YAY
JESUS LOVES YOU
KIRKOMELETTE IS COOL
Also, its not a matter of who started the conflict because that isn't the issue, it is a matter of humanity, and the fact that they aren't any different from us.
There is much more of a reason to be in Darfur than in Iraq, but two wars at once wouldn't be a good idea. So, no.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by Kirkomelette
Pfft, stupid americans. They have made Iraq a worse place to live... sure, go ahead and invade the next country.
*sigh*

Quote by mercedesisbenz
How can you be so blunt to say that the people of Darfur don't want us there? They're being systematically slaughtered by a corrupt administration. There is no reason for us to sit by and watch when we have an opportunity to save lives.
People like "Kirkomelett" think otherwise :-/
Quote by FEDS-91
Wrong. Guess being out of touch isn't restricted to people in this country. Nice generalization regarding something you know nothing about.

Ok, maybe a rough point, but not strictly untrue.

If an intervention is made, it should be UN led under their system of doing things, hopefully with some balls, backed up with American, English and EU troops.
Quote by acdc101
There is much more of a reason to be in Darfur than in Iraq, but two wars at once wouldn't be a good idea. So, no.

Afghanistan, 3 wars?
why dont you solve the problems on your own soil before worrying about others problems?
aids
drugs
murders
pretty bad, no?
Quote by Alix_D
Afghanistan, 3 wars?

Yeah, I suppose. Forgot about Afghanistan.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Page 1 of 4